• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Service ETC Issues and ECU swap

sknuth

May 23, 2019
Truck Year
I've noticed a common theme of Service ETC issues and a lack of consistent solutions. I purchased my truck less than a month ago and will be taking back to the dealer with the same issues for the second time (they replaced the fuel rail pressure sensor last time).

My questions:
1. Has anyone replaced their ECU and resolved their issues?
2. Has anyone actually found a reliable fix?

Thank you!

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
I am not saying it is absolutely 100% but no one has said it has not worked to clean the EGR diffuser tube and the MAP sensor. The ones who do report back say it fixes the issue. So this seems to be a reliable fix. Be careful removing the MAP sensor. Pull it straight out after you remove the bolt. Don't pull it out at an angle.

sknuth

May 23, 2019
Truck Year
Thank you! I did that work this morning and the check engine light went off for about 5 minutes but it was idling really rough. Died while driving into work, here’s a couple videos of what’s happening. I’ll check the codes when I get back home.