• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Settlement Update and Details

Gossman78

Oct 2, 2016
Truck Year
For those who haven't opted out of the Class Action:
A message from Hagens-Berman (council for the 'us' the consumer). I have no other answers.

"Good evening, everyone. On May 3, 2019, the court entered an order granting final approval of the class action settlement. Current owners and lessees will have 18 months from the date the Court issues final approval of the class settlement to submit a claim, and two years to complete the repair and receive compensation. Former owners and lessees will have 90 days from the date of final approval to submit a claim. You will need to submit your own clam but we are happy to help if you have any issues.

The claims process involves six steps: (1) each class member will receive information about the approved emissions modification; (2) the class member will submit a claim form online or by mail that contains certain information about his/her vehicle along with required documentation; (3) the class member's document package and information will be reviewed for completeness and eligibility; (4) FCA will extend an offer if the class member is eligible; (5) the class member may accept the offer and eligible owners and lessees may schedule an appointment to receive an approved emission modification at an authorized dealer; (6) eligible owners and lessees promptly will receive their class member payments after FCA receives proof they have received an approved emissions modification. For eligible former owners and eligible former lessees, the class member will receive their payment after they accept the offer.

The full details of the settlement are available at www.EcoDieselSettlement.com. Additional information can also be found on the Court website: https://www.cand.uscourts.gov/emc/chryslermdl."

Haze11210

May 4, 2019
Truck Year
Dropping my truck off at the dealer tomorrow for AEM update and whatever else recalls the truck has. Got the p245b code which the manager says they will take care of if its related will keep you guys posted

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
I got my offer for $3k and notarized it and sent it in. I have an appointment for the end of the month for the flash. I will play the 1 day shuffle on the ECM's. GDE out - Factory in - tune - Factory out - GDE back in.

Haze11210

May 4, 2019
Truck Year
I got my offer for $3k and notarized it and sent it in. I have an appointment for the end of the month for the flash. I will play the 1 day shuffle on the ECM's. GDE out - Factory in - tune - Factory out - GDE back in.

Even with the extended warranty you would still swap ECMs?

Haze11210

May 4, 2019
Truck Year
I have 77k. My warranty runs to next May or 100k for the powertrain and then extra for the emissions. I will swap for when the dealer sees it.

Ohh okay gotcha. In june im driving from LA to VA so hoping what the dealer does fixes it until i get there to buy a spare ecm.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
your code is EGR troubles so, you know, you need a flash. But California does not like that. I would register that truck in Nevada. You can buy a spare ECM on ebay or moparpartsgiant.com

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
I have an extra ECM. $450.00 shipped

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
Everyone be careful planning a easy ECM swap. GDE is saying they have to analyze FCA’s new software and then come up with a completely new tune program. They say it could take months to develope. You will NOT be able to just throw your existing GDE tuned ECM back in the truck when you get home from the dealer after getting the FCA fix installed.

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
But don’t believe me, call GDE and visit with them before scheduling your dealer fix.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
Question I emailed to GDE:

Good morning,
This was posted at ecodieselram: "Everyone be careful planning a easy ECM swap. GDE is saying they have to analyze FCA’s new software and then come up with a completely new tune program. They say it could take months to develope. You will NOT be able to just throw your existing GDE tuned ECM back in the truck when you get home from the dealer after getting the FCA fix installed."

I thought I could just swap out my ECM's. Is this correct that I can't get the V08 recall flash and then drop my current ECM back in?

If I need to wait, Ill wait. Could you also post something on ecodieselram.com?

Thanks!

Chris

Response from GDE:

Chris,

Not sure who posted that, but it was not us. If you have a stock ecm and GDE tuned ecm, just put stock unit in for recall, then afterwards reinstall GDE tuned ecm. DONE.
Thanks

GDE

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
cs,
Thanks for verifying with GDE and posting same. That's great news!
I wonder where MSP548 got his "fake news"?

Patrity

May 2, 2019
Truck Year
Response from GDE:

Chris,

Not sure who posted that, but it was not us. If you have a stock ecm and GDE tuned ecm, just put stock unit in for recall, then afterwards reinstall GDE tuned ecm. DONE.
Thanks

GDE

Thanks for always posting factual info!

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
It was posted directly by GDE in the “other” forum.

Take a look for yourself.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
It was posted directly by GDE in the “other” forum.
Take a look for yourself.

I searched three other forums and did not find your reference.
Could you provide the "other" forum name or ??

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
Start with post #715

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
I find that post 715 is FCA 3.0L Diesel Settlement Website
I have followed that post from the beginning and have twice reread all the threads and still cannot find your reference.
Do you have a thread #?
Or am I looking at the wrong post?

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
Click the link I provided and then start reading at post number 715 in that thread. How can I spoon feed this to you any better?

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Click the link I provided and then start reading at post number 715 in that thread. How can I spoon feed this to you any better?
I did all that several times and like I said, I could not find it.
You could "spoon feed" me with a pm of the exact url.

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
John, click the link, when you do that you are IN the correct thread, at that point scroll to post number 715. You can find the post number in the upper right corner of each post.

I’m out. I’ve been accused of posting fake news and basically called a liar. My intent was just to forward some pretty credible info to the GDE tuned folks, of which I am one.

You are all welcome to do your own due diligence, I am not attempting to argue any points for or against.