• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

SFT Sale

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
SFT told me about their Black Friday sale. Their best sale yet. Check out their web site on Black Friday. Great prices on great tunes and great service. Each ECU and TCU tune will be on an OBDII Touchscreen Tuner.

Last edited:

blahargoue

Jul 12, 2019
Truck Year
SFT told me about their Black Friday sale. Their best sale yet. Check out their web site on Black Friday. Great prices on great tunes and great service. Each ECU and TCU tune will be on an OBDII Touchscreen Tuner.
This has nothing to do with the your black friday sale post but you seem to be very knowledgeable about the SFT tune. So here's my question: What if any are the disadvantages or risk involved with ordering the stage 1 tune WITH the EGR delete option? Any potential issues with the stock exhaust/cat system?

Thanks
Bruce in CA
'17 Laramie EcoDiesel.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
This has nothing to do with the your black friday sale post but you seem to be very knowledgeable about the SFT tune. So here's my question: What if any are the disadvantages or risk involved with ordering the stage 1 tune WITH the EGR delete option? Any potential issues with the stock exhaust/cat system?

Thanks
Bruce in CA
'17 Laramie EcoDiesel.
I haven't run into any disadvantages.
The risk involved is the same as any tune. Warranty risks and dealer flashing over come to mind.
Not sure what you mean but I haven't head of any issues with the exhaust/cat system.

blahargoue

Jul 12, 2019
Truck Year
I haven't run into any disadvantages.
The risk involved is the same as any tune. Warranty risks and dealer flashing over come to mind.
Not sure what you mean but I haven't head of any issues with the exhaust/cat system.
Thanks. I didn't think it would cause any issues but was concerned that the EGR delete might result in possible issues with SCR system by altering combustion chamber temperatures and such by no longer diluting the air and fuel mixture.

That leads me to another EGR delete question. Am I assuming correctly that SFK system prevents the EGR valve from opening via its software?

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
When you order you make the selection to turn off the EGR or leave it on. I believe the web site calls it EGR delete.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
(y)

vinniegracci

Feb 13, 2020
Truck Year
Hi John I'm new to the community as I just purchased a 2016 Ram Ecodiesel. Is this a tune that will work with an EGR delete kit? Or can you just unplug the EGR as I have read in other forums? I got one of the delete kits off of Ebay and I'd like to get rid of that system.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Hi John I'm new to the community as I just purchased a 2016 Ram Ecodiesel. Is this a tune that will work with an EGR delete kit? Or can you just unplug the EGR as I have read in other forums? I got one of the delete kits off of Ebay and I'd like to get rid of that system.
Yes, SFT has a tune for deleting. You can not just unplug the EGR and expect it to run without codes, etc.

GreesyTaco

Jan 28, 2020
Truck Year
I installed this SFT tune last week. The truck is awesome. It's still a small displacement diesel, but with addition of tune and the nifty 8 speed tranny, I fell in love with the truck again. I'm running stage 1 now, but have an appointment to drop her off and have a full 3" delete put on. Muffler shop guy recommends an 18-24" resonator to combat drone, he's going to stretch out exhaust tips so it should look and sound stockish. We don't have diesel emissions in Texas, but there's no need to poke the bear.

M.A.

Nov 29, 2019
Truck Year
Did you get a better fuel mileage with the stage one and tranny tune combo?
Thanks

GreesyTaco

Jan 28, 2020
Truck Year
I haven't really driven it enough, when I do, I end up dogging on it to feel the power. I'm taking a good 300 mile trip next week and I'll know more. If it did lose mileage, I wouldn't care it drives so much better.

M.A.

Nov 29, 2019
Truck Year
Bring some updates after your incoming trip, I’m curious on the fuel results from the SFT combo tune.
Thanks

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Bring some updates after your incoming trip, I’m curious on the fuel results from the SFT combo tune.
Thanks
I’m averaging 18-20 a tank with a leveling kit and 35’s. I have not recalibrated my speedometer so I’m probably in the 20-24 range but I’m trying to keeep miles off the truck to milk the warranty clock 🙃 also those calculations were pulling a 3000# enclosed trailer for 50-100 miles of the tank

GreesyTaco

Jan 28, 2020
Truck Year
Thanks
Its been a about 1200 miles, mileage is pretty much the same. It runs really, really well though. It doesn't drop down into 7th all the time like it used to. Gets up to speed much faster, the unusually long delay on a cold engine for throttle is almost gone completely. I have all the gear for the stage 2, just haven't been able to have truck down that long.

M.A.

Nov 29, 2019
Truck Year
I’m averaging 18-20 a tank with a leveling kit and 35’s. I have not recalibrated my speedometer so I’m probably in the 20-24 range but I’m trying to keeep miles off the truck to milk the warranty clock 🙃 also those calculations were pulling a 3000# enclosed trailer for 50-100 miles of the tank