• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Shift Knob

Tree Man

Apr 1, 2019
Truck Year
My 2015 outdoorsman 107K mi has been having problems with engaging the gears when I turn the shift knob. The light will flash on the selected gear knob but all not engage. I put it back in park and than try gear and still does not engage. I turn the truck off wait a minute and start it again and it works. I thought it may be low on transmission fluid so I checked it, but it was not. I had the transmission fluid and pan changed at 100K. Am I heading for big problem!:cry:

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Sounds like it check the plug at the Trans take apart and put back in

Bison Slayer

May 10, 2019
Truck Year
Some of the trucks had a recall for shifter knob failure. Talk to the dealer ship about it to see if your truck qualifies.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Just because IT said we can do it does it really need to be done?
I still reach for column shifter after almost three years. My neighbors 2500 has column shifter, I find excuses to help him in projects where I can drive his truck, shhh, don't tell him.