• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Shifting Issues

Pasodennis

Oct 29, 2018
Truck Year
Hello - I'm a new member.

I own a 2015 Ecodiesel (78K) and have loved it since day one. Other than the crappy firmware that sets the shift points for the tranny - the one that won't let it downshift to 1st until you completely stop (we California stoppers hate that one!!) - the vehicle has been one of my best. The combination of mileage and towing can't be beat!!

Over the last 6 months or so I have been having an intermittent problem with rough shifting in a couple of situations. The first is while highway towing under load (uphill). Sometimes it bangs pretty hard when down shifting. The other, more recent, issue is up-shifting (1st to 2nd) during city driving. It just gives a little buck sometimes. Unfortunately, the problem hasn't been persistent enough to bring it in to the shop.

Has anyone experienced similar issues? Should I just bring it in to get checked out?

Thanks