• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Should I buy extended warranty.

Treechaser

Dec 21, 2019
Truck Year
Just joined this forum. Looking forward to visiting with other owners. I just bought a 2016 EcoD Big Horn with 52,000. After a week a check engine light came on so I will have that checked. Dealer suggested that I buy a 4 year extended warranty. Recommendations.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
welcome 2 the group wish u well with your eco buy a lifetime engine tune and u won't need the dealer

Will_CathVT

Jul 9, 2019
Truck Year
There's an extensive drivetrain warranty included FCA/Govt. settlement. You should check it out. If you purchase a warranty I suggest not altering the programming, you may not have the use of the warranty after that. If you do purchase the warranty or want to take advantage of the drivetrain warranty I first mentioned I suggest following all the manufacturer's guidelines on operating the vehicle, service timelines, etc. I've read a number of posts where owners were denied warranty coverage because they didn't follow the "book".

Treechaser

Dec 21, 2019
Truck Year
Thanks for rec. Will start checking it out. Check Engine code is P20EE. NOx catalyst efficiency below threshold bank.

Errmania

Jan 13, 2020
Truck Year
Thanks for rec. Will start checking it out. Check Engine code is P20EE. NOx catalyst efficiency below threshold bank.
What was the problem they told you with the P20EE code? My truck is at the dealer now with that code. They say it needs a new SCR

Treechaser

Dec 21, 2019
Truck Year
Mine turned out to be a small exhause leak at muffler. They fixed the leak and retorqued to correct specs.. No charge. I now have a new code. P2001 NOx Trap Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 2 https://www.obd-codes.com/p2001. Have had 2016 RAM for less than a month and 2 check engine lights. Is this the way it is going to be? There is suppose to be an 8 year or 80,000 mile warranty on catalytic