• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Sigh p0299 Code w/ No Boost

The Cam Beck

Jul 10, 2019
Truck Year
Hello all, this will be my first post besides my intro post. Sad to say the post is to see if someone can help me out with the problem I am having with my truck. I own a 2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Tradesmen, 174*** miles, second owner, most of the miles are highway miles. Yesterday I took it to the mountains hauling a trailer with a small load (2250lbs ish), truck performed well over all, made for a good day trip. The following morning (today), I drove a 1 hour round trip (no trailer) just normal driving. Around lunch time truck is at an idle and it throws a P0299 code along with "service electric throttle control". So I started scanning to see if I could come up with anything. Used the Torque Pro app to look at stuff and to watch gauges. Code could not be cleared using Torque Pro, also while driving I have no boost from the turbo, (built boost fine this morning).

So this afternoon I went and disconnected the battery for about an hour, during this hour I took the time to clean the MAP and EGR tube, both looked like they had never been touched. The MAP was 110% clogged and the EGR tube looked to have almost 3/16" thick worth of build up on it. I cleaned both and placed them back on the truck. I later on reconnected the battery and cranked the truck. Code was still there (sad face). Proceeded to drive the truck to see if it would clear up and nothing so far. Truck still drives fine, no rough running or misses, still able to travel highways speeds, it just takes a lot longer to get to them with no turbo boost.

So what should I check/test next? What should I look for? Is there a hidden wire that could have come loose? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The Cam Beck

Jul 10, 2019
Truck Year
Just a little update, unhooked to let it sit overnight (9 hours unhooked). Hooked the battery back up and no change in the code or symptoms. Drove to work about 25 minutes away and no change. Truck is now currently sitting at my local dodge dealer awaiting a diagnostic test to be done and scanned. Will update when i hear back from the deal.

Also side note, currently looking at GDE tune, EGR delete, and DEF delete. I have read several places on here this is most likely the best fix for the dreaded P0299 code.

The Cam Beck

Jul 10, 2019
Truck Year
Update, I picked up the truck for the from the dealer on Wednesday last week. My problem was resolved by cleaning the MAP sensor and EGR tube. Map was completely caked full of soot. Once this was cleaned and codes cleared the truck has ran fine. Took it on a 600 mile trip to the beach over the weekend and saw no problems, and got an average of 26.3 mpg.

Im glad this was an easy fix for me, but i learned my lesson. I shall keep a eye on these and keep them clean from now on.

Have a good day guys 🍻

Tiokap

Aug 6, 2019
Truck Year
While in my 2015 ram ecod 1500, it was driving with a low power and then I had 2 codes showing P026D-00/p0299-00 (fuel injection quantity A higher than expected. I went to the dealer and they found out the turbo charger was underboost.

Diagnostic from dealer: "Tech finds o-ring on outlet intercooler tube is nicked allowing blow by -replaced outlet intercooler tube- cleared dtc codes."

I picked up my truck today and everything seems fine so far.

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
Hello all, this will be my first post besides my intro post. Sad to say the post is to see if someone can help me out with the problem I am having with my truck. I own a 2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Tradesmen, 174*** miles, second owner, most of the miles are highway miles. Yesterday I took it to the mountains hauling a trailer with a small load (2250lbs ish), truck performed well over all, made for a good day trip. The following morning (today), I drove a 1 hour round trip (no trailer) just normal driving. Around lunch time truck is at an idle and it throws a P0299 code along with "service electric throttle control". So I started scanning to see if I could come up with anything. Used the Torque Pro app to look at stuff and to watch gauges. Code could not be cleared using Torque Pro, also while driving I have no boost from the turbo, (built boost fine this morning).

So this afternoon I went and disconnected the battery for about an hour, during this hour I took the time to clean the MAP and EGR tube, both looked like they had never been touched. The MAP was 110% clogged and the EGR tube looked to have almost 3/16" thick worth of build up on it. I cleaned both and placed them back on the truck. I later on reconnected the battery and cranked the truck. Code was still there (sad face). Proceeded to drive the truck to see if it would clear up and nothing so far. Truck still drives fine, no rough running or misses, still able to travel highways speeds, it just takes a lot longer to get to them with no turbo boost.

So what should I check/test next? What should I look for? Is there a hidden wire that could have come loose? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
try a couple of time with torque pro, I think you have to have the key in the run position (but no engine running), clear faults, then shut key off, and try again. took me a few times to clear a code with torque

The Cam Beck

Jul 10, 2019
Truck Year
try a couple of time with torque pro, I think you have to have the key in the run position (but no engine running), clear faults, then shut key off, and try again. took me a few times to clear a code with torque

Thats some very good info to know. i will try this in the future if i ever encounter another code (knocks on wood).

Cheers!

Bradyhond

Aug 11, 2021
Truck Year
While in my 2015 ram ecod 1500, it was driving with a low power and then I had 2 codes showing P026D-00/p0299-00 (fuel injection quantity A higher than expected. I went to the dealer and they found out the turbo charger was underboost.

Diagnostic from dealer: "Tech finds o-ring on outlet intercooler tube is nicked allowing blow by -replaced outlet intercooler tube- cleared dtc codes."

I picked up my truck today and everything seems fine so far.
Hi i have same trouble wich pipe is help me to figure thanks

CKS

Feb 8, 2021
Truck Year
Update, I picked up the truck for the from the dealer on Wednesday last week. My problem was resolved by cleaning the MAP sensor and EGR tube. Map was completely caked full of soot. Once this was cleaned and codes cleared the truck has ran fine. Took it on a 600 mile trip to the beach over the weekend and saw no problems, and got an average of 26.3 mpg.

Im glad this was an easy fix for me, but i learned my lesson. I shall keep a eye on these and keep them clean from now on.

Have a good day guys 🍻
IF I am reading this post correctly I thought you said you had cleaned the MAP sensor and EFR pipe with no success but here you say the dealer cleaned the MAP sensor and EGR pipe. Did they do something different?