• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

sized up the factory tires--quite a bit...

firstecodiesel

Nov 10, 2020
Truck Year
sized up the factory tires--quite a bit..., now nobody (including local dealer) seems to be able to change that "revolutions per mile" factor in vehicle software, (2018 ecodiesel). Shift points and speedo are presumably a little off now. Should this be so hard??

Ecopete

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
sized up the factory tires--quite a bit..., now nobody (including local dealer) seems to be able to change that "revolutions per mile" factor in vehicle software, (2018 ecodiesel). Shift points and speedo are presumably a little off now. Should this be so hard??
Not at all hard with the proper equipment. Most will suggest alphaOBD app for android or windows as the ultimate Ram friendly program manipulator

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Eco beat me to it! I believe Alfa allows for up to 35’s but I could be wrong. If you take your truck to dealer after any changes using alfaobd, if they reprogram your rig it will revert back to factory tire size since that is the dealer coding line they have on file.

firstecodiesel

Nov 10, 2020
Truck Year
Thanks for quick replies,guys.
Starting to hear enough about this Alfa trick... that I might have to just buy one and play with tire sizes-- and probably other stuff, eh?
Do you also, by chance, know where to find one?

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Alfaobd is an android app, or windows computer downloadable program. It’s 50$ for lifetime access per download. You will also need to purchase a wireless obd interface. I found mine on Amazon for under 30$. EE16EFEE-07BF-4253-B475-991A1580D8FE.jpeg

JohnnyMac

May 19, 2019
Truck Year
For the 2018, you'll need a bypass cable as well.