• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

SOOT into INTAKE MANIFOLD EVENTUAL SWIRL VALVES AND INTERNAL ISSUES, FCA CLAIMS?

Northern Boy

Apr 4, 2019
If I am following the stock program and getting proper dealer maintenance intervals and also know what the carbon(SOOT)is doing to the engine (AND the FCA and owners too!) how come there is no EGR design change to trap the soot. I have read and watched every idea out there from EGR Deletes to oil catch cans but why is the FCA not being held accountable. This soot issue will be an issue for most owners right after the warranty. The FCA knows this and is riding all ED owners who remain stock to be "plugged" later physically and with the bill$. Why is there no FCA bulletin available to the public on this soot issue or remedy that is manufature approved?

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
their IS NOT ANYTHING THAT THEY CAN DO ABOUT THE SOOT as long as the egr is working

Northern Boy

Apr 4, 2019
Different diffusor pipe design - u-pipe design so the air is forced to go down to a fatter pipe area at lowest point to prevent blockage and allow deposits to cool there" and the air travels back up through a spiral helical pipe before the intake.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
u design it and summit it to fca they need a good laugh u can not run soot back through a diesel engine without creating a problem big pipe small pipe makes no difference soot is soot

Marauderer

Oct 6, 2018
Truck Year
I don't have that problem.

Dec 14, 2015
Truck Year
Here again the only oils approved for the ECODIESEL are FCA/ Mopar #68001332PC or Shell Rotella T-6. These engines were developed and are built in Europe where the fuel is much better quality. USA fuel has traces of asphalt and lots of other gunk in it.

Molly Kent

Jul 8, 2018
Truck Year
I just had this happen to me. The message Service electronic throttle came on and my engine shut off going 65mph on the freeway!

Lswan

Apr 22, 2019
Truck Year
I just had this happen to me. The message Service electronic throttle came on and my engine shut off going 65mph on the freeway!
What was remediation for your issue? I'm having the same problem with my Ecodiesel.

TWink77

Oct 24, 2022
Truck Year
If I am following the stock program and getting proper dealer maintenance intervals and also know what the carbon(SOOT)is doing to the engine (AND the FCA and owners too!) how come there is no EGR design change to trap the soot. I have read and watched every idea out there from EGR Deletes to oil catch cans but why is the FCA not being held accountable. This soot issue will be an issue for most owners right after the warranty. The FCA knows this and is riding all ED owners who remain stock to be "plugged" later physically and with the bill$. Why is there no FCA bulletin available to the public on this soot issue or remedy that is manufature approved?
2015 ED stock- I just had an intake manifold replaced do to the swirl actuators not moving and I originally had the dreaded 150 mile countdown for a DEF CEL and the first message I got from the computer in the truck was "wrong def added." So the dealer replaced the intake and sensors and now my level sensor in the def tank isn't moving. Dealer said to add more fluid. Lol. It's topped off and the gauge is still not moving. They know that the sensor and def tank come as one and don't want to replace it. So I'm gonna take it back to the dealer and they WILL replace the tank cause it's still under the emissions warranty. Sick and tired of dealing with this crap and I even had my case manager "Brittany" hang up on me cause I asked to speak to her manager. She actually hung up twice on me cause I asked for the manager cause she's clueless and didn't help me at all. Here's my old intake all caked with soot!!!

Attachments

• 1E7D9167-4DE2-452A-954F-9F2489E6B9FF.jpeg
    1E7D9167-4DE2-452A-954F-9F2489E6B9FF.jpeg
    400.2 KB · Views: 31
  • A6A0BA8B-B8E3-4B17-AC5D-6053BEF2D14B.jpeg
    A6A0BA8B-B8E3-4B17-AC5D-6053BEF2D14B.jpeg
    357.9 KB · Views: 29

Catfish

Oct 30, 2022
Truck Year
I'm sitting at 125k with my 2016 ED. (purchased used 4months ago) I bought 2yrs of B to B warranty, should I expect these problems before my two years is up? I'm sure a D3 will void my warranty?
Just Thinking, Mike

Railroader7

Jan 15, 2023
Truck Year
Just a heads up, a new intake with swirl valves and motor can be bought from Chrysler, jeep, dodge of Mckinney Texas online for $230. Fairly easy to replace.