• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Stage 1 Delete advice

TooClose Racing

Dec 20, 2017
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hope everyone's family is safe and sound during these Strange Days. I continue to follow this message board and absorb the Eco-Diesel collective experience. As part of that learning curve, I am now considering doing a Stage 1 EGR delete (using CB Engineering's plate kit). I already have a GDE tune installed at 16k miles, and that has been a very good experience in terms of performance and mileage for the 7500 miles I have driven my 2015 Tradesman. BUT, I'm concerned that - for now - about 90% of this truck's engine hours are "daily driver" and YES, I'm one of those maximize the MPG nuts, so I do not put the pedal to the medal much. I've been watching/waiting for the Chrysler's "recall" EGR cooler replacement to show up at local dealer (to be installed) before doing this Stage 1 kit, that rationale should be obvious. And I'm wondering how long THAT wait might be, thank you very much. With the theoretically improved cooler design, I see no need to do the the "Stage 2" (EGR and Cooler) delete. I should also mention that - with respect to my state (emissions) inspection requirements, I am all set also. Here is my very simple question I am looking for advice on, but I will also appreciate any general advice: since I have the GDE tune installed, am I all set with respect to any codes/alarms/messages that would happen? In other words, is this an easy-peasy removal/install and fire the mother up? Thanks. BTW - I have not contacted GDE directly (who were great to deal with when I bought my Tune), the presumption being his mail is monitored and his phone is bugged at this stage. That's a joke. Sorta.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
The short answer is yes you should be.

FYI- stage 1 is egr delete/ disable.
Stage 2 is dpf, scr and egr delete.

It’s my understanding that gde allows for removal of egr

TooClose Racing

Dec 20, 2017
Truck Year
Not Listed
The short answer is yes you should be.

FYI- stage 1 is egr delete/ disable.
Stage 2 is dpf, scr and egr delete.

It’s my understanding that gde allows for removal of egr

a very belated THANK YOU for correcting my terminology. I was reading an earlier thread here after a search and somehow that was my take-away as definitions.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
TooClose, My sources Tell Me NO fix for the EGR Cooler at present, and with COVID-19 and Italy is shutdown. Who Knows!

HoochRam

Apr 29, 2019
Truck Year
Mine is booked into our local dealer on Tuesday. It’s getting both the EGR fix and the supposed programming fix to get rid of the hesitation and lag from the previous bullshit fix