• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Steering wheel mounted shift controls

Pacifictime

Apr 18, 2022
I saw a what was called "GT/Package" and one of the items in the package was called "Steering Mounted Shift Control". I couldn't find any information about it. Does anyone know if this gets rid of the dash knob and adds a conventional shift lever to the steering column. I would be very interested in ordering that for my next truck.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I believe it's the same shift handles as the Jeep Grand Cherokee has... I had the shift control buttons on My 2015 ED Laramie, My 2019 Ram Limited also has the Button on right side of Column.

Frank246

Feb 20, 2019
Truck Year
IF, big IF, what they are describing is the button shifters on the steering wheel, then I have them.....and must say that pulling a travel trailer through the Rockies and Glacier NP mountains, they are GREAT. Down shift and up shift any times you want and if/when you want to get back into "automatic", just hold the UP button down for 3 sec. and your back out of the "stick shift"

Love it

Pacifictime

Apr 18, 2022
I got some new info from a site called "carbuzz.com" They say the GT Package has these things, "sporty new G/T package becomes available for the Crew Cab Laramie and Rebel trims with the five-foot, seven-inch bed and contains a black grille, sport performance hood, a cold-air intake, a cold-end exhaust, G/T decals, bucket seats, a flat-bottomed steering wheel, aluminum paddle shifters, a performance floor shifter, metal pedals, and performance screens.
I have another car with paddle shifters, I never use them, and I don't think I want a floor shifter, so I guess it's just buy the one with the knob and live with it.