• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

The Lag

gafoscpc1

Apr 5, 2020
Truck Year
I just bought a 2016 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, and notice a significant lag in response when taking off from a standing start. I live in a cul de sac that empties onto a street with a 35mph speed limit, and it is busy in the mornings. When there is a spot, you go! I pulled out, and DIDN’T go! I watched in horror as the guy I pulled out in front of laid on his horn, and I couldn’t see his hood in my rear view mirror, he got so close. Has anybody else had this problem? If so, what can I do?!?!?

boosti

Feb 17, 2020
Truck Year
Unfortunately, any 2014-2016 Ecodiesel that had the AEM software update as part of the EPA class action lawsuit will experience poor performance from turbo lag to less mileage per gallon. People are returning to the dealers and calling FCA to complain about this. Owners are disappointed with this as they are now getting about the same gas mileage as a hemi motor.

Will_CathVT

Jul 9, 2019
Truck Year
I have a 2016, the turbo needs a few minutes to warm up. As you probably know, these engines aren't supposed to idle for long periods of time. I usually give it a minute or two to warm up before I take off. I go up to 5 minutes in the winter in the northeast. Tough spot to start driving at speed. When I start out I don't get the engine over 2000RPM for several minutes. After doing that I have no lag. When I get to my destination, I wait the required few minutes for the turbo to cool so I don't have an unnecessary repair for a burned out turbo. Hope this helps.

gafoscpc1

Apr 5, 2020
Truck Year
Well, I contacted FCA, and they advised me that I have 2 outstanding recalls, and that I need to start with a dealer. I took it to the dealer today, and he was quite familiar with the lag. He also informed me that the recall I had corrected today was to the software with regards to performance, and should all but eliminate the lag problem. It is recall VA-7, and is specifically for the 2014-2016 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel. I am psyched! I’ll let you know how it does tomorrow morning.....

boosti

Feb 17, 2020
Truck Year
Well, I contacted FCA, and they advised me that I have 2 outstanding recalls, and that I need to start with a dealer. I took it to the dealer today, and he was quite familiar with the lag. He also informed me that the recall I had corrected today was to the software with regards to performance, and should all but eliminate the lag problem. It is recall VA-7, and is specifically for the 2014-2016 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel. I am psyched! I’ll let you know how it does tomorrow morning.....
I am scheduled for a loaner in two weeks. Had the EGR cooler replaced In February and have the strong coolant smell still. The lag was terrible and complained about it. The service advisor did state that everything was operating properly. I mentioned that FCA sent me a letter for another update to the AEM. The dealer had no idea what I was talking about. Hopefully this time I can pressure them to update the latest software to correct the lag and poor mileage.

gafoscpc1

Apr 5, 2020
Truck Year
Call FCA, ask for Belinda, and have her contact your service advisor and make the appointment for you for the update. Maybe that will clear things up for him......

boosti

Feb 17, 2020
Truck Year
Call FCA, ask for Belinda, and have her contact your service advisor and make the appointment for you for the update. Maybe that will clear things up for him......
Is Belinda from FCA Customer Care. I am sure she could be a big help when my vehicle is in the shop. Thanks for the help.

gafoscpc1

Apr 5, 2020
Truck Year
Have your guy call Jimmy Mareyna, the service advisor for the diesel division at Bob Baker Auto Group to discuss recall VA-7, performance update for Ram 1500Ecodiesel, 2014-2016. Call 760-683-9709 X503.

scratch66

Mar 5, 2020
Truck Year
my lag was so bad leaving the dealer from the "
I just bought a 2016 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, and notice a significant lag in response when taking off from a standing start. I live in a cul de sac that empties onto a street with a 35mph speed limit, and it is busy in the mornings. When there is a spot, you go! I pulled out, and DIDN’T go! I watched in horror as the guy I pulled out in front of laid on his horn, and I couldn’t see his hood in my rear view mirror, he got so close. Has anybody else had this problem? If so, what can I do?!?!?
mine was so bad leaving the dealer that I filed a claim with the NATIONAL TRAFFIC SAFETY COUNCIL. I just about got wiped out like you did leaving the dealership where they just did the recall/flash (that I was unaware of at the time)! Had service work done and they did recall/flash without telling me what it was. I turned around and asked them why my truck ran like absolute ass and they told me there was nothing to do about it. Suck it up.
I have warranty so I didn't to do the EGR deletes and such as people discuss. About 6 months later my engine blew and is being replaced now. I guess its a good thing?? We will find out soon!