• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Throttle sticks WO! possibly also related to other throttle control module issues

Jay Beckham

Jan 9, 2019
Truck Year
Hello everyone. I’ve seen the multiple issues on here specifically about the “service throttle cocontol” issues, but I’ve yet to see the same problem we are having on our ‘16 ED HFE. Quick note: I travel for work and my wife daily drives the Ram so I haven’t personally seen it, I just get the call afterward and have to hear the absolute fear in her voice.

The problem started with the truck failing at WOT and staying there. I believe the light for service throttle control, not 100% on the verbiage but, as were told it’s because she was standing on the brakes, while the truck had failed to a WOT. FCA replaced the TCM and we thought it was the last of if. Since module replacement she has now had three separate runaway events. Local dealer claims that it was due to the floor mats sticking the pedal down (we have some heavier rubber mats, that they sold with the truck.) we live in a mountain town in California and all the highways are not where you want this to happen. I’m just trying to put a feeler out there. Has anybody seen this? I’m tired of taking my truck back to the dealer. Eventually someone is going to die because of this. it just happened again today and she sent a video. I’ll try to upload it.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I have never heard of it! I would definitely NOT drive it until it was repaired.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Never heard of that issue with these vehicles. Only replaced the TCM? I would have replaced the ECM and both throttle position modules. I would definitely not drive it until a Tech had driven it a long time. A different manufacturer blamed the floor mats, but they had multiple failures at WOT.