• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ticking noise

Bgbdwlf2500

Jun 24, 2018
Truck Year
Anybody else get a rapid ticking, clicking type noise on engine shut down? I hear it almost every time I turn the truck off on the drivers side. Not sure if it's a solenoid or what it might be. Doesnt seem to affect anything but it is kinda annoying. 2017 big horn.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Gunny45

Jun 25, 2018
Truck Year
I do not know, but could it be fuel pump? Like I said, I don’t know, just thinking aloud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bgbdwlf2500

Jun 24, 2018
Truck Year
I do not know, but could it be fuel pump? Like I said, I don’t know, just thinking aloud.

No I need to record it, it does it almost every time

Gunny45

Jun 25, 2018
Truck Year
You can hear it inside the cab, but can other people hear it standing outside the cab?

Gunny45

Jun 25, 2018
Truck Year
Rapid tick or can you count a few seconds between ticks? And how long does this go on for? Does it do it for 30 seconds and then stop? Do you think it is still doing it when you start the motor, but the sound of the motor drowns it out?

Bgbdwlf2500

Jun 24, 2018
Truck Year
Rapid tick or can you count a few seconds between ticks? And how long does this go on for? Does it do it for 30 seconds and then stop? Do you think it is still doing it when you start the motor, but the sound of the motor drowns it out?

I dont hear it until the truck is shut off and I step out so no havent heard it inside. I guess the engine could be drowning it out while it's running but I dont think that's the case. Yes they are rapid and I'd say 10 to 15 seconds more than likely. Appears to be coming from under the drivers door or somewhere close

Gunny45

Jun 25, 2018
Truck Year
I’ll do some research and see what I can come up with. Truck is running fine otherwise?

Bgbdwlf2500

Jun 24, 2018
Truck Year
I’ll do some research and see what I can come up with. Truck is running fine otherwise?

Ya been doing it ever since I bought it. Has 4200 miles now.