• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Titan Towing

HWByrum

Jun 6, 2019
Currently pulling 4400 pounds with a 1500 gas truck. Getting 9-10 in tow. I'm not mad but would like to do better and get 300k on the next truck.Thinking that a 6 cylinder Ram or Silverado diesel might be the answer. Any advice or things that I need to be aware of or look for, please let me have both barrels. I am all gas card.

Thanks HWB

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
The Silverado diesel engine is made by Isuzu, which is a proven engine. I would not have a moments hesitation about an Isuzu diesel engine. We are not yet sure which transmission it will be paired with - well, I am not anyway. That would be my only hesitation. Plus the new Silverado is ugly outside and the inside shows that GM went cheap - real cheap - on the redesign. Maybe the Sierra 1500 is a better bet. Same interior but the outside is nicer. Maybe in 4 years I get this truck when they do a better job on the interior and the ride.

No one knows what engine is going in the new Ram. The current, out of production, ecodiesel has about a 7 to 9% failure rate from defective main bearings. It runs great until it doesn't and without a warranty to cover it as long as you own it you are putting your finances at risk.

I haven't heard anything bad about the F-150 diesel. You can order that in an XLT starting with the 2020 model. I understand the engine is a proven design they have used in Europe for a long time.