• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

to delete or not delete that it the question

skippy

Nov 7, 2019
Truck Year
Hey guys just got told my egr cooler needs replacing to the tune of 5,000. Will it make my truck fail safety to delete it ?

Dec 14, 2015
Truck Year
Hey guys just got told my egr cooler needs replacing to the tune of 5,000. Will it make my truck fail safety to delete it ?
NHTSA has assigned a recall number to this issue, many dealers are not yet aware of the recall that is to come.

Attachments

• FCA RECALL.pdf
    426.2 KB · Views: 28

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
welcome if u delete the egr the engine will last much longer and the oil will stay clean

Rudeboy

Nov 18, 2019
Truck Year
Had the EGR delete done and the engine has about 60 more HP. Fuel mileage is significant too.
Not sure if it will pass safety. Smells like a diesel now.

Rudeboy

Nov 18, 2019
Truck Year
Buddy of mine in St Louis says yes. Particularly if you got the compensation package.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
why does most every one worry about warranty when u delete u eliminate 95% of the troubles and yes u will lose your warrenty

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
why does most every one worry about warranty when u delete u eliminate 95% of the troubles and yes u will lose your warrenty

Because they still blow up and still catch on fire (but I guess insurance covers the fire part).

Farmer6222

Nov 6, 2019
Truck Year
Does anyone k ow when the recall on the egr cooler will begin? My pickup is sitting now with a bad cooler I'm not wanting to spend the 4,000.00 to fix it

Dec 14, 2015
Truck Year
I got my notice from NHTSA via email as I had requested notification of issues about my vehicle. Go online to nhtsa.gov click on recalls and a page will come up for you to enter your VIN . You will get a response listing all recalls for your vehicle. This one is labeled NHTSA recall ID number 19V757 a lot of dealers don't know about it yet.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Because they still blow up and still catch on fire (but I guess insurance covers the fire part).

Allstate doesn’t... since it’s manufacture recall manufacture is liable... but if fca says it’s due to non maintenance your up a creek with out a paddle

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Allstate doesn’t... since it’s manufacture recall manufacture is liable... but if fca says it’s due to non maintenance your up a creek with out a paddle
Wow... I’d be switching companies. It’s called insurance for a reason!

8v71

Aug 4, 2019
Truck Year
I did the full delete and it made all the difference in the world. it acts like a pickup should. GD as I understand got In trouble. I did mine with another company. It is worth every dime, I also did the straight exhaust. 2015 Ram 124,000 miles.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Does anyone k ow when the recall on the egr cooler will begin? My pickup is sitting now with a bad cooler I'm not wanting to spend the 4,000.00 to fix it

I believe the recall starts on Dec. 13th but no-one knows exactly what the remedy will be. Presumably an EGR replacement at minimum.

8v71

Aug 4, 2019
Truck Year
To tremper 126, I had leaking EGR and took all the crap off, so I did a PPEI variable hp tune and sent the ECM to their shop, they were ok but I thought GDE might be better to work with, I put the felpro straight pipe in place of the cat and the DPF, left the muffler in place. I would recommend leaving the HP stock, your spool up is better because of the straight pipe, 20 hp increase is Ok, but, if you are going to pull trailers or not, they will smoke when you put your foot into it for anything above stock horsepower. you will also have high EGT's that "you must watch". get some kind of a monitor and watch it closely. It dose increase mileage 2.5 MPG immedetetly, at least it did for me, and that is hand calculated. my 4 door, 4WD Ram has a camper shell and is loaded with tools in the back all the time and weighes 7,800 lbs. full of fuel. When I am pulling both the camper and RZR trailer in a train, I weigh 17,760 lbs total and it dose great. MPG loaded is 12 mpg. Truck only, is 24 mpg around town and on the highway, Hiway cruise with truck only, is a consistant 24-27 mpg with winter blended fuel (fuel blend dose make a difference). If everything is perfect, with summer fuel, I "once" got 32.5 mpg going west to Cheyenne with a tail wind. These engines need a higher output turbo to keep the EGT's down, Its very expensive but it would eliminate the EGT heat problems, and give you way more boost plus a cooler running engine. Having said all this, it was worth every dime that I put into it, and Yes, I would do it again if I had to do it over!!!!!!

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
To tremper 126, I had leaking EGR and took all the crap off, so I did a PPEI variable hp tune and sent the ECM to their shop, they were ok but I thought GDE might be better to work with, I put the felpro straight pipe in place of the cat and the DPF, left the muffler in place. I would recommend leaving the HP stock, your spool up is better because of the straight pipe, 20 hp increase is Ok, but, if you are going to pull trailers or not, they will smoke when you put your foot into it for anything above stock horsepower. you will also have high EGT's that "you must watch". get some kind of a monitor and watch it closely. It dose increase mileage 2.5 MPG immedetetly, at least it did for me, and that is hand calculated. my 4 door, 4WD Ram has a camper shell and is loaded with tools in the back all the time and weighes 7,800 lbs. full of fuel. When I am pulling both the camper and RZR trailer in a train, I weigh 17,760 lbs total and it dose great. MPG loaded is 12 mpg. Truck only, is 24 mpg around town and on the highway, Hiway cruise with truck only, is a consistant 24-27 mpg with winter blended fuel (fuel blend dose make a difference). If everything is perfect, with summer fuel, I "once" got 32.5 mpg going west to Cheyenne with a tail wind. These engines need a higher output turbo to keep the EGT's down, Its very expensive but it would eliminate the EGT heat problems, and give you way more boost plus a cooler running engine. Having said all this, it was worth every dime that I put into it, and Yes, I would do it again if I had to do it over!!!!!!
What did you use for an egr block off though? My plan is to remove egr and leave dpf and scr in place for now until it causes a problem. Tune will be 40hp but keeps all the stock safety’s and limits in place. I would do a full delete but I enjoy the truck being quiet.