• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

To keep or not to keep? That is question...

JMCB

May 7, 2018
Truck Year
This is my first post, but I've been referring to the forum for quite some time. Sorry for the length. My '15 has 47,500 miles on it. I've owned it for two years and have put 16,000 miles on it since I bought it used. These miles were trouble free until a recent trip to San Diego. About an hour out from our destination the CEL came on. Checked it out and found the P0105 code. Shortly thereafter the ETC message came on and the truck went in to limp mode. Got it to the dealer and they replaced the fuel filter and cleaned the particulate filter and sent us on our way. About halfway back to Salt Lake City, the CEL came on again. Back to a local dealer and they found the same code. A week and a half later and the truck has 6 new injectors and new fuel lines and is running fine for the last two days. Based on my reading it looks like this may be a fix or it may be the start of continuing problems. I have just under two years of warranty on the truck powertrain warranty. I asked the service advisor what had caused the problem and how the replacement of these parts remedied the problem. He gave an answer, but I really don't think he had a clue. They replaced them based upon a Star report on a known issue.

I've loved the truck, but my confidence is not very shaken. I had had doubts from reading the forums but thought I'll just ignore my concern and hope I have a hero. Now I'm not positive that is the case and I don't believe FCA actually understands why the problems occur, thus no solution, just replace things when they break. I cannot afford to replace the injectors or other expensive issues after the warranty is gone.

So to my question keep or not to keep? Is there some type of preventative maintenance that can be done to restore confidence?

Thanks for your advice!

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome @JMCB . I wish I had the magic answer for you, but it seems that error code is tough to solve as the dealer just throws parts at it and hope it runs ok.

If you've lost confidence, trade it in before the warranty is up.