• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tone Wheel mag strip delamination Safety Recall W58

AV8TOR

Feb 16, 2023
Truck Year
I have a 2014 eco diesel with 138K miles. I bought it new. Driving on interstate the engine quietly stopped running. Towed to dealer in Tampa and discovered loss of crank position.
My truck shows manufactured 3 days prior to Safety Recall W58 effectivity so I didn't get notified of the tone wheel Safety Recall.
The dealer looked up my truck details and at this point, will honor the removal and replacement of the tone wheel which requires removal of the transmission. Took a couple of days to find the tone wheel but was notified today they had one. I want to make sure anyone with a 2014 is aware your truck may be affected by this recall but not show in the recall list and you wouldn't have been notified.
This has been an excellent truck for 9 years and only failed me once.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
You didn't get the W58 recall completed? That would have let you keep driving the truck, however, in limp mode, to get it to a dealer. Or did you get the recall and decided easier to have it towed?

Divemaster5734

Nov 29, 2021
Truck Year
I have a 2014 eco diesel with 138K miles. I bought it new. Driving on interstate the engine quietly stopped running. Towed to dealer in Tampa and discovered loss of crank position.
My truck shows manufactured 3 days prior to Safety Recall W58 effectivity so I didn't get notified of the tone wheel Safety Recall.
The dealer looked up my truck details and at this point, will honor the removal and replacement of the tone wheel which requires removal of the transmission. Took a couple of days to find the tone wheel but was notified today they had one. I want to make sure anyone with a 2014 is aware your truck may be affected by this recall but not show in the recall list and you wouldn't have been notified.
This has been an excellent truck for 9 years and only failed me once.
I have a 2014 Laramie Longhorn Ecodiesel. I'm around 110k. I appreciate your post, as I did not receive the recall notice either.
I opted out of the class-action, only to have the swirl-valve fail. It was either eat a $3,500 repair bill, plus rental, or agree to the ECU flash, and get the repair and rental free.
Perhaps because I held out until last year, and by then they had upgraded the tune, but I didn't find any major performance issues in normal driving and towing applications with the new performance. Perhaps with full pedal it may have been a little slower, but that was only the second, and last time I ever stood on it.
I agree on your quality statement, and now that its paid off, I love it even more.
Will be calling my dealer to see if they did the recall with the new intake manifold.