• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Trailer Break assist

B. Smith

Feb 20, 2018
Truck Year
Hey guys, hope everyone had a good 4th.
Well I'm still looking for that perfect deal on a used eco. Glad I have patience.
Here's my question to you all. Is it possible to add a trailer break assist to an eco that didn't come with one? Also would I be able to use the factory cutout area if possible. Or would i need to buy the brake controller old school style. The almost look like radar detectors. This is a must have option for me. I'm open to all options. Appreciate all of you. ✌

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
You can add a factory trailer brake controller. Mine did not come with one but it bolted on and after having a dealership add the sales code is like it left the factory equipped.

B. Smith

Feb 20, 2018
Truck Year
That's good to know. May I ask what you paid for the brakes?

Ehammond

Jul 9, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Mine did not come with one but was added at dealer before I would buy it. Absolutely factory and is very smooth operating.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
My eco came with trailer brake factory option with the tow package, after running aftermarket brake controllers for years the smooth, seamless operation of this RAM was almost breathtaking. You should completely enjoy the system, if installed properly.