• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tranny flush?

Lobo70

Jan 22, 2021
Truck Year
Hello,
I'm new to the site. I love my 18 ecodiesel and have already hit the 40k mark on the odometer. I'm wondering at what mileage should I be having the transmission serviced? And how hard is it to do it myself?

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
FCA says your transmission never needs servicing. Many do it anyway for various reasons.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
You need to drop the pan, and measure the fluids exact amount and replace, its a PITR, because the fluid needs to be pump in that requires device to do it without a big mess, USE MAXLIFE Valvoline, its CERT for ZF-HP Transmissions... You will need to follow the manual on the procedure to check level, Its time consuming the first time just like any procedure after that you will know its done correctly and it will take less then 1/2 the time on the next service.

Yes I would service the trans ,Just to check the gray matter (Clutch Dust), If their,s a lot I would drain/Fill again at 15K miles and continue Drain and fill at 40/50K Service, If you want to know exactly how well the trans is doing FA (Fluid Analysis) at Blackstone or someone else.

The Filter is part of the Pan, I have filter Material, So I remove the filter made my own fastening system and replaced the filter material. cost maybe in all -Fluid $2.00. Otherwise purchase New Pan/Filter $$$.

MaxLife_ATF_Val.jpg

ecodiesel3316

Jan 25, 2021
Truck Year
Hello,
I'm new to the site. I love my 18 ecodiesel and have already hit the 40k mark on the odometer. I'm wondering at what mileage should I be having the transmission serviced? And how hard is it to do it myself?
transmission should be serviced between 80 and 100k kilometres for the ZF 8 speed autos. it isnt terribly hard to do however i recommend you have it done by a dealer technician because the fill procedure isnt the easiest and those transmissions are not cheap to replace.

Ffeggleston

Mar 26, 2020
Truck Year
Hello,
Check online youtube to see proper drop / refill. AMS oil also meets specifications. PPE has aftermarket pan as well.