• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Transmission Tune

Andrew Bolinger

Jun 25, 2018
Truck Year
I have the original gde hot tune and love it. I want the transmission tune, but realize they only sell as a combo. If I was to pay the 50 for existing customers and add transmission tune. Do they require me to send in my email flashed back to stock. Or can I just not tune the email with the new tune.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
So I take it I have to prove I converted back to stock and update to the new tune.
O believe that is correct, then you can buy GDE's new 49 state WPA approved engine/trans combo. I think there may be a significant discount but you can check. Don't quote me on that.

You can also purchase another trans tune from a different tuner and keep your current GDE tune.

Andrew Bolinger

Jun 25, 2018
Truck Year
O believe that is correct, then you can buy GDE's new 49 state WPA approved engine/trans combo. I think there may be a significant discount but you can check. Don't quote me on that.

You can also purchase another trans tune from a different tuner and keep your current GDE tune.
Is there one people recommend the best. I dont want to loose the old tune.

Canucks

Oct 8, 2021
Truck Year
I'm the same condition with my 2015 truck pre epa hot,tune and want to get trans tune im told by gde that I need to flash back ecm to stock then I can purchase both tunes together. I want to know what I will loose with the pre epa tune example egr turned off turned on ?

Andrew Bolinger

Jun 25, 2018
Truck Year
I'm the same condition with my 2015 truck pre epa hot,tune and want to get trans tune im told by gde that I need to flash back ecm to stock then I can purchase both tunes together. I want to know what I will loose with the pre epa tune example egr turned off turned on ?
I would loose the high idle which I love and the ego will be turned back on.

JeepJeep

Apr 6, 2021
Truck Year
Hi there Andrew B. I also find myself in the same situation. I have the original 2015 Hot Tune, all emissions in place, no problems, would like to kepp it that way.... longing to add the trans tune. I may have a solution for my particular situation - but I'm too nervous to try. Wonder what route you have perused and are you happy with the outcome ?

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Hi there Andrew B. I also find myself in the same situation. I have the original 2015 Hot Tune, all emissions in place, no problems, would like to kepp it that way.... longing to add the trans tune. I may have a solution for my particular situation - but I'm too nervous to try. Wonder what route you have perused and are you happy with the outcome ?
I am using the same engine tune as you and have SKT's trans tune and am very satisfied....

JeepJeep

Apr 6, 2021
Truck Year
Thanks for the input, 1shadowsabre. I did speak with Frank at SKT last week. That does seem to be a good option. Was attempting to keep everything with one tuner. I do have a second issue with my ECU - it was flashed with the tune early in 2016, prior to the tone wheel update. I'd hate to have a shutdown when my wife is driving. We never tow anything, so an ecodiesel roadkill with trailer attached is not something I worry about. Were you lucky enough to get the tone wheel patch on yours ? Anyone placing odds on which catastrophic failure will get 'em ... bearing .... timing sprocket.... tone wheel ....or the notice we got the day before a 1500mile trip... High Pressure fuel Pump ?

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I have 2 ECU's since I have the early GED tune. The stock ECU has the tone wheel update on it. The tuned ECU does not so if I lose the tone wheel I will have to swap on the side of the road I guess. My choice but my wife rarely drives the truck.
The SKT trans tune is added/removed via the hand held tuner and is not stored on the ECU.

I use mine mostly for towing and or longer drives so I am pretty comfortable with my use and the truck. Most of those "catastrophic failures" you mentioned above should be covered under the AEM warranty and if it takes a while to fix I am probably well positioned to deal with the inconvenience.

I am not sure about the "timing sprocket" issue you refer to.