• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Trouble Codes P200A and P2017

davidihc

Aug 22, 2019
Truck Year
I have a 2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel that has been great. I have 140,000 mi. and I am getting trouble codes P200A and P2017 . When cleared they usually come right back within a few hours or so. Is this serious and can it be fixed without going to the dealer?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
More info would be helpful to members, Those codes are in connection with intake and sensors.

davidihc

Aug 22, 2019
Truck Year
Sure, The truck has been and is currently running fine. It has 140,000 mi. I have not noticed any decrease in performance or mileage. I drive anywhere from 50 to 350 miles per day, usually lightly loaded (less than 1000 lbs.) and at highway speeds usually. Now I am seeing trouble codes P200A and P2017. I have cleared them 3 times and they come back within a few hours. 10 days ago I did have a trouble code of P2010 but I have not seen it again. I received the Emissions EGR recall notice a while back but was advised by the local dealer not to have it done because they said the performance would be decreased. Also I was wondering if the intake manifold replacement recall was applicable to this. Thanks

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I don't think the recall Will cover the plenum, The advice not to have the AEM is questionable ,Because NOW you can't have the AEM with those codes Unless your 5/100K miles warranty is up and maybe just maybe it possibly would have helped to have the 4/48K miles of the AEM at least the dealer would not be able to charge you for the Code Checking with AEM Warranty, I would clean the map sensor and go from their, My guess the plenum is soot up and the swirl valves are sticking plus the likelihood the diffuser tube is sooted up.

Not to mention time is going to expired for the $3,075 Cash AEM...IMO the Dealer really screwing you over with bad advice..... You still would qualify on the Final Court Date May 3 2019 on the 21 month submittal and 24 months install, Submit ASAP.

The EGR recall is NOT for Emissions its a safety recall.