• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Trouble Codes

Nicholas Baglio

Apr 22, 2018
Truck Year
My Truck threw two codes last night . P24C2 and P2080. Exhaust Temp codes I believe. Does Anyone have info on these codes and how to troubleshoot?

Attachments

• 217F6890-AD66-4E34-A594-5DE1B737E38C.jpeg
    217F6890-AD66-4E34-A594-5DE1B737E38C.jpeg
    295.7 KB · Views: 14

65Stang3

Dec 25, 2019
Truck Year
Mine thru a P2080 also. 2015 with 68000 miles. The dealer thought it was related to the EGR failure and coolant leaking, which could explain the white hazy film on the chrome bumper. i now know EXACTLY what level my overflow is at and will be watching it closely. a day or two ago the code actually disappeared.

Amiranda

May 31, 2020
Truck Year
Mine thru a P2080 also. 2015 with 68000 miles. The dealer thought it was related to the EGR failure and coolant leaking, which could explain the white hazy film on the chrome bumper. i now know EXACTLY what level my overflow is at and will be watching it closely. a day or two ago the code actually disappeared.
Hmm i woulder if its really related to the egr leaking by and if its covered under the recall if thats what caused it in the first place im still waiting for a call from the dealer to get my egr replaced, told me it could be a couple months before they even see one for me, i have noticed my coolant being slightly in the low side but with in range ill have to keep a eye on that, i went to the dealer today for this code p2080 and told me it was the sensor on the exhust manifold on the passenger side, i keep clearing the code, hopefully this issue doesnt cause any more damage..they wanted over 300 for the part looked online for p# 5146663AD 90 dollar part. Seems like its the sensor that engages the regen?....i havent had a regen cycle ever sense i purchased the truck 2 yrs ago..so im going to replace this sensor in the next couple days..hopefully it fixes the issue.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
I find it hard to believe that you haven't had a regen in 2 years. Mine does a regen about every 50-75 miles IF it's in town driving, and once itt starts a regen I drive until it's done,, about 12 miles or so. generally without an aftermarket gauge that will let you know, my truck hit 80 % one time, that's when I bought a SCANGAUGE 2, EDGE CTS 2 & 3 WILL BOTH MONITOR REGENS, SGANGAUGE must be programmed for it.

Amiranda

May 31, 2020
Truck Year
I find it hard to believe that you haven't had a regen in 2 years. Mine does a regen about every 50-75 miles IF it's in town driving, and once itt starts a regen I drive until it's done,, about 12 miles or so. generally without an aftermarket gauge that will let you know, my truck hit 80 % one time, that's when I bought a SCANGAUGE 2, EDGE CTS 2 & 3 WILL BOTH MONITOR REGENS, SGANGAUGE must be programmed for it.
Im bone stock i figured a message would of popped up, thats the reason I believed it hasnt been regening but maybe it has been..im new to diesel so I just don't know...

Ecopete

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
Im bone stock i figured a message would of popped up, thats the reason I believed it hasnt been regening but maybe it has been..im new to diesel so I just don't know...
No message comes up if you follow the proper drive cycle recommendations.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
There is no regen regen message unless it happens to get to 80%, I use my truck as a daily driver & it will regen sometimes as often as every 40 miles or so, when I see the scangauge get to 70% i know a regen will occur very soon, if it starts, I drive the 12 miles or so to allow it to complete, AFAOBD an appropriate OBD dongle will afford a plethora of benefits too.