• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Truck at dealer for over 70 days

rogedmonds

Jan 3, 2020
Truck Year
My truck is at the dealer for the 4th time since January for a total of over 70 days! (it will be over 90 days when I get it back) The recall was done by the previous owner, but I've had to take it in 3 times before and it's still at the dealer for the 4th time. The lag is dangerously bad. I'm not exactly sure what they're doing this time but I had 1.Check engine light, 2. Service electronic throttle control. 3. Turbo boost pressure low. 4. Exhaust gas temperature too low. They said this time they have to completely remove the cab of the truck to fix whatever it is they're working on. I was told it's the 3rd vehicle this month they've had to do it to. Has ANYONE's ecodiesel been dependable after the recall. I've been seriously considering buying a different truck and taking a huge loss on this one. I don't think I can trust it for towing my travel trailer for several months?

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
My truck is at the dealer for the 4th time since January for a total of over 70 days! (it will be over 90 days when I get it back) The recall was done by the previous owner, but I've had to take it in 3 times before and it's still at the dealer for the 4th time. The lag is dangerously bad. I'm not exactly sure what they're doing this time but I had 1.Check engine light, 2. Service electronic throttle control. 3. Turbo boost pressure low. 4. Exhaust gas temperature too low. They said this time they have to completely remove the cab of the truck to fix whatever it is they're working on. I was told it's the 3rd vehicle this month they've had to do it to. Has ANYONE's ecodiesel been dependable after the recall. I've been seriously considering buying a different truck and taking a huge loss on this one. I don't think I can trust it for towing my travel trailer for several months?
rogedmonds, You certainly have something to be concerned about.

From what I've read over the various forums it seems that Ecodiesels been dependable after the current recall, mine for sure is. The first AEM recall flash was not good and it was corrected in early January. The dealer should know and if it was before January and if so the dealer is directed to install the current flash/software.

I would guess that none of your current conditions/problems are related to the AEM recall. I would definitely ask the dealer what they need to do that requires removing the cab. What tests have they done that confirms their decision? Depending on their answer you might want to consider another dealer.

Good luck, I would not want to be in your shoes.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year

You may want to try a different dealership. Sounds as if they are chasing their tails around and around.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
My 2015 experience what I call Lay down mode, it did this at HWY speeds and the EGT's would skyrocket, I have posted video's of this mode, it was just prior to AEM and after. That being said I only had it for 1 month after AEM, I have checked service records on the truck its been back at the dealership 8 times, one of those time for turbo replacement, This now confirms my suspicions, EGT's at cruising while in this Mode 1300-1500F No codes no Cell, I monitored this with My IQ and factory plus one installed thermo couple.

Ralieb

Oct 23, 2020
Truck Year
rogedmonds, You certainly have something to be concerned about.

From what I've read over the various forums it seems that Ecodiesels been dependable after the current recall, mine for sure is. The first AEM recall flash was not good and it was corrected in early January. The dealer should know and if it was before January and if so the dealer is directed to install the current flash/software.

I would guess that none of your current conditions/problems are related to the AEM recall. I would definitely ask the dealer what they need to do that requires removing the cab. What tests have they done that confirms their decision? Depending on their answer you might want to consider another dealer.

Good luck, I would not want to be in your shoes.
Wow, I have a 2018, multiple check lights, exhaust issues,,9 times at the dealer finally egr failed, after new egr and multiple flashes, engine started shuddering and chugging dealership had it for 3 weeks, finally they put brand new engine in, started fca complaint, fca wanted to deal, offered me 5k 7year 100k max care 0$deductible, told them I also want three dealer oil changes right now going back and forth on the oil changes. so far 1 week 400 miles on new engine no problems, waiting for response from fca, I talked to several lemon law lawyers all said I have good case for vehicle buy back, I think I'm better off with 7year100k max care warranty+ 5k cash and hopefully 3 free oil changes. Good luck to

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
If you like the truck, take the deal and keep it. If you don't like the truck hire a lawyer for the buyback.