• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Truck jolted then no start dead on the shoulder

Kpage92

Jan 4, 2019
Truck Year
So on my way home tonight I left a red light and as soon as I started to accelerate the truck jolted then the device electronic brakes light came on as I pulled over the service throttle body light and arrive transmission light came on. I pulled over put it in park and the idle didn’t sound good so I shut it off, now it cranks but no start. I used my CTS edge and got a P0336 code for the crank sensor. Any insight would be appreciated I’m having it towed tomorrow

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Magnet on the reluctor ring might have just come loose or fell off, or maybe a faulty sensor? I would have a tech take a look to be sure. Not the cheapest answer I know.

Kpage92

Jan 4, 2019
Truck Year
It just seemed odd that all the service lights would come on it the crank sensor went bad. Is that common for an issue like that?

John

Nov 13, 2015
Most likely what Boost said. I've read about it several times.