• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Trying to make sense of something.

Castaxe

Mar 23, 2020
Truck Year
I see all these sooted up intakes and I'm curious. If you delete the egr, be it with just a tune or removal and tune, won't this cause the soot to harden and break off because the intake isn't being coated with fresh soot anymore. My intake is pretty bad and I was looking at replacing it, but then there is the problem of the intake runners being junked up too. Seems like nothing you can do aside from tuning it brand new will help with reliability. Not having any issues right now (knock on wood) but I'm trying to get all the info I can to make this truck last, although it's starting to sound like a fools errand.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Tuning at any mileage is better than no tune at all. The existing soot in the intake should not cause any further issues.