• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

TSB TSB 18-078-16 - Engine Oil Viscosity Upgrade And Flash Enhancements

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Official TSB is attached here.

This bulletin involves reprogramming the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) and the Transmission Control Module (TCM). It also involves changing the engine oil with new 5W40 engine oil and applying a sticker to the engine oil filler cap. An addendum card will need to be added in the owner's manual

Attachments

• TSB-18-078-16 Oil Spec Change (2).pdf
    112.2 KB · Views: 153

Stan Laurel

Aug 3, 2015
Truck Year
Soooooo....owners of a '15 should ignore this TSB then?

TerryP

Jan 15, 2017
Truck Year
Thanks for posting this. For whatever reason, I did not receive anything from FCA, so w/o this forum, I would not know about the Rotella oil switch. I think I'll forgo the ECU Flash reprogramming. Somehow, I doubt it will either improve fuel economy or engine MTBF.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Thanks for posting this. For whatever reason, I did not receive anything from FCA, so w/o this forum, I would not know about the Rotella oil switch. I think I'll forgo the ECU Flash reprogramming. Somehow, I doubt it will either improve fuel economy or engine MTBF.

Forums are great source of information! Glad to have you here Terry.