• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tune and Delete

Tree Man

Apr 1, 2019
Truck Year
Looking to tune my truck and do a full delete. Does anyone have suggestions on brands of tunes? (Pro/Cons). I have a 2015 crew 1500.

My 12th DSL

Apr 26, 2018
Truck Year
I have a 2014 with over 280,000 kms on it and did the delete this week. Wished I had done it when I first got the truck 3 years ago. Lightspeed Innovations in Red Deer, AB did it for CA$2200. More power and after 5 days my fuel consumption dropped from 11.3 L/100kms to 9.1. I am looking forward to pulling my RV next weekend.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
tune it and u will think u bought a new truck try hd diesel or gde

Gproduce

Sep 14, 2020
Truck Year
I am new to this and not to truck savvy. I would like to hear opinions on the accelerator lag. What do you mean by TUNE. And how can I monitor regen and force it if need be. Looking for help. I like the 2016 eco diesel but hear people complain about engine reliability.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Edge makes a monitor, you can view your trucks various statuses and levels. That is not a tune, simply a more complicated set of gauges that allow you to only SEE when your truck regens, and soot level of exhaust and so on. You can also get a cheap Bluetooth obd scanner and they have various apps that will also be a functioning monitor on your phone. I use the app OBD FUSION on occasion to see how my truck is doing in the exhaust department.

A tune is a modification to the trucks engine control module that will improve throttle response, if you removed your egr With the off-road stage 1 tune it can and should help extend engine life. If you go with a full off road tune you can upgrade to missing parts of the emissions system and avoid dpf problems along with power gains and fuel economy.

in order to force a regen you will need alfaobd or witech to essentially have access to procedures and settings only the dealer would have.

Gproduce

Sep 14, 2020
Truck Year
Edge makes a monitor, you can view your trucks various statuses and levels. That is not a tune, simply a more complicated set of gauges that allow you to only SEE when your truck regens, and soot level of exhaust and so on. You can also get a cheap Bluetooth obd scanner and they have various apps that will also be a functioning monitor on your phone. I use the app OBD FUSION on occasion to see how my truck is doing in the exhaust department.

A tune is a modification to the trucks engine control module that will improve throttle response, if you removed your egr With the off-road stage 1 tune it can and should help extend engine life. If you go with a full off road tune you can upgrade to missing parts of the emissions system and avoid dpf problems along with power gains and fuel economy.

in order to force a regen you will need alfaobd or witech to essentially have access to procedures and settings only the dealer would have.
Where would i take it to get a tune that helps ?

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I've ran both GDE and HD Diesel tunes and both are reputable companies with quality products. Just make sure you back up the Brinks truck to their front door.

Tree Man

Apr 1, 2019
Truck Year
Has anyone done a full delete and used the most current GDE tune. What do you think or is there a better tune?

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year

The easiest way to start a manual regen is with an Edge CTS2. You just select it and it will regen on the next ignition cycle (after the truck reaches the prescribed temps)

sssnipe

Jul 10, 2022
Truck Year
Has anyone done a full delete and used the most current GDE tune. What do you think or is there a better tune?
Got GDE tune in 2017. Loved it. But Recently Had to get all the recalls installed at dealer . Lost my tune, truck ran like crap. Just ordered the latest tune update using the OBD flash tool they provide, at a cost. Learning curve to install, need a non apple laptop to program the OBD tool. Installed the latest GDE tune including the transmission tune. All I can say is WOW! What a noticeable difference! Highly recommend, great customer support.

Bullet

Feb 11, 2020
Truck Year
Looking to tune my truck and do a full delete. Does anyone have suggestions on brands of tunes? (Pro/Cons). I have a 2015 crew 1500.
I used HD Diesel Supply and I’m very happy with the product. It does what the company said it would do.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
I used HD Diesel Supply and I’m very happy with the product. It does what the company said it would do.
Yep, was a good tune. The problem is they are out of business - closed up shop, and no one seems to know why. Was rather abrupt with no communication or announcement, just disappeared.

Dream Big

Feb 1, 2017
Truck Year
Unless you can find a local tuner, probably nobody. GDE and PPEI do EPA compliant tunes only now.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Unless you can find a local tuner, probably nobody. GDE and PPEI do EPA compliant tunes only now.
SFT includes both stage 1 and stage 2 tunes in their package

Dream Big

Feb 1, 2017
Truck Year

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Sofa King Tuned SFT

Dream Big

Feb 1, 2017
Truck Year