• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Turbo Fart?

Mblona

Jan 4, 2021
Truck Year
So recently I took my 2016 ED to my local dealership and had my turbo replaced due to excessive oil blow by in to the air charge tube. They had it for over a month going back a forth with the warranty company ( Compass Extended Warranty) and finally got the go ahead and they removed the cab and replaced the turbo. Now when I start driving at lower speeds and at when I let off the throttle the air charge tube coming out of the intercooler burps ( 3 to be exact) and blows air out the air intake box. Once the motor warms up it tends to go away but does it every now and then. I took it back to the "stealership" and he tried to tell me it was normal. It did not do this before. It tends to stall the truck for a second then picks up. It also seems throttle response is worse than it was before and it just does not seem as powerful. It sounds like compressor stall to me, air pushing back against the turbo vanes. I'm looking for help here. I'm at a loss. This can not be good on a brand new turbo. What would cause this?

I posted this on Ram1500diesel.com and I was wondering if anyone on here had any thoughts.

I will give you an update. First for those of you out there, NO the ecodiesel is not supposed to turbo fart. I took it back to the dealership they confirmed that the vanes (VGT) are not opening and the actuator is not actuating at the right time which is blowing air back through the air intake. They took the old actuator off the old turbo and put it on the new turbo and it worked for a short minute but it began to do the same thing again. They are now sending it to another dealership with a level 3 Diesel Mechanic to do the Mopar warranty and replace the turbo again. We shall see what happens. The dealership gave me a vehicle to drive so at least I have some sort of collateral.