• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Turbo intake tube muffler delete.

Curbsecodiesel

Jan 12, 2020
Truck Year
Has anyone done a muffler delete in the pipe going to the turbo... I see it for the jeeps but not the ram... I was wondering if I could just put in a piece of pipe the same diameter? Or cut out the baffles. It just seems to me that it restricts air flow. May be it would help with the lag. Just asking???

-STIGLITZ-

Nov 17, 2019
Truck Year
Has anyone done a muffler delete in the pipe going to the turbo... I see it for the jeeps but not the ram... I was wondering if I could just put in a piece of pipe the same diameter? Or cut out the baffles. It just seems to me that it restricts air flow. May be it would help with the lag. Just asking???
Your question is a bit confusing friendo. There is a delete option in which you can remove everything from the Diesel Particulate Filter to the Muffler. Flo Pro offers a kit for RAM at around $150-250, depending on where you shop. You’ll need tuning, of course. Hope this helped.

John

Nov 13, 2015
The baffle is removable, but there's no gain other than maybe a little more intake noise.

Curbsecodiesel

Jan 12, 2020
Truck Year
Sorry it was a late night lol. It’s the baffle in the hot side tube. I took out the Balle

Foxracingx02

Sep 13, 2019
Truck Year
The preturbo intake has a baffle as does the hot side piping. If you replace the got side with a straight pipe make sure it has a rolled bevel to it or the boost will just blow it off, and use good clamps for the hosing. Both baffles are restrictive.