• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Twice to the dealership with no answers

Nicholas Baglio

Apr 22, 2018
Truck Year
ive had my truck in twice over the last few weeks of coolant going low. Ive gone through 3 to 4 gallons since February and they can’t anawer or find any problems

John

Nov 13, 2015
Maybe you could suggest they check the EGR cooler or turbo. It's likely one or the other if no visible external leaks.

Nicholas Baglio

Apr 22, 2018
Truck Year
They said the pressure tested every one of the those component. And it was fine according to them but after an hour of having the truck

Attachments

• 8F91E8DE-8513-434A-ACAF-83D96424BFEC.jpeg
    8F91E8DE-8513-434A-ACAF-83D96424BFEC.jpeg
    675.9 KB · Views: 22

John

Nov 13, 2015
So I see it's an external leak. T-stat housing, water pump, radiator, turbo coolant hose, degas overflow? Should be able to track it down since it's external

Nicholas Baglio

Apr 22, 2018
Truck Year
That was one of the random external leaks I had .. I drove the truck at highway speeds for 2 hrs and it used half the reservoir of antifreeze in that time. I put cardboard underneath the truck when o got to my destination and it had no leaks. I’m thinking it’s both. I have a friend that’s a dealer had an ecodiesel come in on trade with the original factory egr components in the back seat because they deleted it. We might swap out the

Chris Robert

May 1, 2016
Truck Year
Had a similar issue with my 2015. Coolant level dropped an inch, no external leak found. Required 2 trips to dealer and 3 days to identify the EGR cooler as the cause. Then another 2 weeks for the backordered part to arrive.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Had a similar issue with my 2015. Coolant level dropped an inch, no external leak found. Required 2 trips to dealer and 3 days to identify the EGR cooler as the cause. Then another 2 weeks for the backordered part to arrive.

Welcome Chris, thanks for joining.