• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

U010C code

TerribleEyen

Jul 9, 2018
Truck Year
Hi all. New to the forums and EcoDiesel ownership and I’ve read good things about this forum so decided this was where I’d participate. I purchased a used 2016 Laramie ED (now with about 36k mi on it) about a month ago and already have my first code; U010C. I’ve been trying to do research on it to see what I’m up against but haven’t been successful so far.

From what I can tell it’s got something to do with communication loss to the turbo control module but all my research only turns up info on the Cummins or other HD diesels.So far I don’t notice any power loss and I’ve put about 2000 mi on it with about half pulling a light TT.

I’m definitely under miles on the factory power train warranty just haven’t driven it to the dealership yet. Just wondering if anyone has encountered this same issue or maybe some advice before I have to take my new ride to the Dodge sick bay.

Thanks, Ian.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome Ian!

Yea, not much out there on that code it seems. I bet your dealer will likely do a reflash and say let's see how it goes.. I would take to the dealer for sure though just to be safe.

TerribleEyen

Jul 9, 2018
Truck Year
Hi BoostN, thanks for the feedback.

Yes she will likely end up in the shop in the next week or so. Since I’ve only had it for about a month I went ahead and ordered a BlueDriver to see if I can get historical codes. I’d like to make sure it wasn’t a preexisting issue and possibly the reason why the original owner traded it off.

I did get in and start it up earlier to move out of the way of my wife’s TLX and the code had reset itself. We did get a bit of rain this weekend over here in the Houston area and I contemplated that maybe the extra moisture got into something it shouldn’t have.

Fingers crossed though cause I’m enjoying the ride so far and would hate to give her up.

TerribleEyen

Jul 9, 2018
Truck Year
I should probably follow up for everyone here about this topic. I did actually do several things to try and track down this issue. My code reader arrived and I connected it and scanned historical codes. This was definitely an initial incident(well on this ecm) and only was thrown when I saw it. Took it too a mechanic buddy of mine down the road and he said it was likely because of a loose connection or the water I drove through. Took to the dealer and they said it was just a fluke... well they might not be so dependable. Anyhow, I believe that moisture and a slightly loose connection cause the mis communication to the turbo and once it dried up and applied some fastening pressure to connections the problems went away.

$0.02
Ian