• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

under warranty engine replacement due to glow plug

Tiokap

Aug 6, 2019
Truck Year
I have a 2015 ecodiesel RAM1500 3.0L with 59900 miles (just 100 miles warranty left) on it. Few weeks ago the check engine light was coming on and off. I went on vacation and when I came back the Glow plug light was flashing and I decided to go to the dealer to check it out. Thank God they say they will replace it at no cost and take care of a few recalls on the vehicle then they provided me with a loaner (at no cost) and say the truck would be ready within 2 days. when 2 days passed, I called and they say they were having difficulties removing the glow plug. To make it a short story, at the end they had to installed a completely NEW engine from the crate at no cost because the new glow plug couldn't fit. Today, 4 weeks after the first visit, I get a call that my truck is ready to be picked up so I go return the loaner, get a ride to the dealer, sign all the paperwork (per dealer, no extended warranty besides what is left from original one) and start driving for 2 miles with a lower power than usual (very heavy drive, like the brake was still on), in my head it is a new engine so it might need some extra driving before it gets to its natural and then to my surprise, the check engine light turns back on. I make a U-turn and dealer says it is a problem with the boost so they send me back to the rental/loaner.

Should I be worried about that truck for more problems to come or be patient and glad for that new engine. Is that boost problem something they can fix easily? What is the usual procedure on warranty when replacing an engine or what should I demand from the dealer? Dealer says they will not extend the warranty but because of all the recalls and work done, this will put me in a grey zone where if something happen they will probably fix it. So far everything was done without me having to push anything and they've been very cooperative except for that extension.

John

Nov 13, 2015
I assume you're not in the US because USA trucks have a 5 yr/100,000 mile powertrain warranty.

I would give the dealer another chance at fixing the boost problem. It could be something simple related to the engine swap.

I would think your truck was flashed with the new emissions software and that will give you an extended warranty for most anything emissions related.

New engines don't come with any additional warranty just the original powertrain warranty.

Tiokap

Aug 6, 2019
Truck Year
I assume you're not in the US because USA trucks have a 5 yr/100,000 mile powertrain warranty.

I would give the dealer another chance at fixing the boost problem. It could be something simple related to the engine swap.

I would think your truck was flashed with the new emissions software and that will give you an extended warranty for most anything emissions related.

New engines don't come with any additional warranty just the original powertrain warranty.
USA Georgia/ 60000 miles or 5 years

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
And dealer installed crate engines get 3 year Warranty to boot