• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EPA holding 2017 Diesels hostage

markgyver

Sep 9, 2016
Truck Year
the last 16 came through paint shop july 23 then change over for 2 weeks but the 16s were still getting built out i believe.so by aug 16 they should have been 17s.but were they actually built?

I had to edit my dates

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
That's the big question...IMO No...If they were and on US soil FCA could be looking and additional criminal charges... I even called rail and they stated shaded closed. No Pickup #s. With Bosch turning over Info to Euro board of inquire that FCA purchased the Defeat software sinks the comments
Marchionne said, in part:

The dispute that is going on now between the EPA and FCA is whether the calibration that was filed met all the regulations that were envisioned by EPA and CARB.

We have been in dialogue with the EPA for more than a year. We have done a lot of disclosure of documentation regarding calibrations and all of the correspondence associated with the calibration exercises between ourselves and our partners. And we have been as forthcoming as we can possible be in terms of disclosure.

There is nothing in the current calibration of the Ram 1500 or the Grand Cherokee diesel that distinguishes between a test cycle and normal driving conditions.

This is a huge difference because there has never been an intention on part of FCA to create conditions that are designed to defeat the testing process. That is absolutely nonsense.

Anyone that tries to draw the comparison between us and VW is smoking illegal material.

We may have a difference of opinion as to whether the EPA and CARB have different expectations of disclosure on those calibrations. The objective has always been with the EPA to try and get this issue resolved.

I have been stating for months that devices are conditional... Way before the EPA filed charges and the DOJ compliant, Big difference form what VW did, that software was written to detect testing and comply.. I tested My ED and found it to behave differently under conditions. (I call it conditional behavior Vs demand) I acquired combustion analyzer and it confirmed what I already knew. Marchionne right about 1 thing.. VW and FCA completely differ, Both violate https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCOD...13-title42-chap85-subchapII-partA-sec7522.htm in different ways

If anyone smoking its FCA's trail of lies and deceit. and in the end that trail is gonna cost them Billions IMHO...What's the difference form planning or speculating. Speculating requires 0 effort blind leading the blind ,were planning in most cases requires effort and support.

FCA makes some good products ,For the life of Me why don't they come clean on this, and salvage the market share they have before Ford eats it up.

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
I think Ford is gonna eat it up, the Superduty is killing it in the HD sector and the F150 already out sells everything else, if fuel prices stay resonable or sky rocket the F150 will have something for every one and then some

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
We'll have to see what Ford brings to the pavement, and what Ram going to Counter...Ford pushed target date to Mid 2018 0n the Diesel 150... So Ram have been given another delay to fix the EDs 3.0 failures and short comings, Or replace with New power plant..I opt for replacement, IMO the VM 3.0 only asset is Mileage at this time... The trans, fit and finish ,ride is awesome....

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
the last 16 came through paint shop july 23 then change over for 2 weeks but the 16s were still getting built out i believe.so by aug 16 they should have been 17s.but were they actually built?

I had to edit my dates

So wait a second. Wouldn't you have seen a 17' if one had been built? I had a feeling FCA hasn't built any yet but if they had wouldn't you had seen at least 1?

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
I hate to say this, but I'm not sure I'd buy a 17 at this point unless it has GREAT discounts. '18 year model trucks are just 3-5 months away anyways.

Don't think I haven't been pushing for some over the top incentives though; but really, how over the top is it? 8 months after my order, 6 months after my supposedly delivery date all of the bad press on the emissions and possible engine failures. I don't think demanding something extra for all the combined grief is really asking anything out of the ordinary.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
What Dealership supposedly took the order, or VON#

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Don't think I haven't been pushing for some over the top incentives though; but really, how over the top is it? 8 months after my order, 6 months after my supposedly delivery date all of the bad press on the emissions and possible engine failures. I don't think demanding something extra for all the combined grief is really asking anything out of the ordinary.

In your case I agree.. pushed around that much is crazy.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
My uncle had one on order, got tired of waiting, and went to a new EcoBoost Ford instead.

I'd like to know what this fiasco is costing FCA in lost sales. I'm sure it is mind numbing...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

markgyver

Sep 9, 2016
Truck Year

I would be afraid of the fix,who knows whats gonna be done to comply.If it were me,I would cancel my order and not be the first batch with the fix.Then if it still performs well,order another one.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Will there be a buyback?
There is no answer to that question at this time. There are many, many theories and speculations out there as to the outcome of FCA vs EPA. But at this point, they are all just opinions. Time will tell. And I'm sticking around to find out.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
What we do Know, The current 3.0 configuration's Failed Clean Air Act according to US EPA , The DOJ is investigating criminal charges (FCA) , Bosch has supplied German board of inquire that FCA purchased conditional software. Additionally The EPA continues to investigate other operations of undisclosed AECDs.

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
I asked for an update last week and this is what I received.

" Is there any new information?

Show quoted text

The only new info from yesterday’s meeting was re-launch was pushed from May 8 to May 15. Certification target is still the end of May."

Smoke and mirrors.

markgyver

Sep 9, 2016
Truck Year
Your salesman and even dealer owners have no more information than has been made public,they are a separate business from fca.I would be willing to bet that even the plant manager at the truck plant doesn't know when they will be making these trucks again.

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
Your salesman and even dealer owners have no more information than has been made public,they are a separate business from fca.I would be willing to bet that even the plant manager at the truck plant doesn't know when they will be making these trucks again.
Who said I was speaking to either? If you had read my previous post you would realize, this is coming from an FCA corporate employee that has been designated to keeping those of us that have a deposit placed on a 2017 Ecodiesel informed on the situation. In reality they have been stringing me along (you can read back through the months I have been posting the emails from FCA about this topic) So salesman and his manager actually get updates from me. They 'FCA' aren't giving any information to the salesman, managers, etc. On a side note I bought a 2017 laramie quad cab 4x4 to use until I figure out what is happening since its obvious I'm not getting a 2017 EcoD. It's a nice truck but not exactly what I wanted.

markgyver

Sep 9, 2016
Truck Year
Who said I was speaking to either? If you had read my previous post you would realize, this is coming from an FCA corporate employee that has been designated to keeping those of us that have a deposit placed on a 2017 Ecodiesel informed on the situation. In reality they have been stringing me along (you can read back through the months I have been posting the emails from FCA about this topic) So salesman and his manager actually get updates from me. They 'FCA' aren't giving any information to the salesman, managers, etc. On a side note I bought a 2017 laramie quad cab 4x4 to use until I figure out what is happening since its obvious I'm not getting a 2017 EcoD. It's a nice truck but not exactly what I wanted.

didn't mean to rile your feathers,I have read the whole thread and i may have read one of your previous post incorrectly.for that i am sorry. also my post was a generalization,A lot of people believe their salesman or a guy in a cubicle at fca has inside info and thats usually not the case.Can you imagine how many emails and calls these guys deal with on a daily basis? I hope it is settled on the 15th of may.

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
didn't mean to rile your feathers,I have read the whole thread and i may have read one of your previous post incorrectly.for that i am sorry. also my post was a generalization,A lot of people believe their salesman or a guy in a cubicle at fca has inside info and thats usually not the case.Can you imagine how many emails and calls these guys deal with on a daily basis? I hope it is settled on the 15th of may.
I'm annoyed with everything I have been through with this. Nine months of being bull shited, I pass along what is provided to me, when it is provided. Certain peoples have been rude about the information I have posted. I'm just taking my personal time to pass along the information I am given freely with no motive other than trying to support the community.

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
I received an update today. "Start of production has been pushed to the week of 5/22 with 200 scheduled to be built." That's the first time he has mentioned an amount to be built. I went ahead and bought a used 2017 Ram 1500 Quad cab 4x4 hemi to hold me over. Not sure what to think at this point, I may just keep this truck. Doesn't bode well with all the bull shit going on for them to push back production over and over but at least it seems like more of a firm date. I'll keep you guys posted even though I am probably out of the market at this point out of annoyance more than anything. My local dealer gave me a screaming deal on this truck as an attempt to make amends I am assuming. I really hope things work out for the EcoD. Despite some naysayers here and there it is the best 1/2 ton truck option IMO at least on raw MPGs. I'm half tempted to get a 5.9 diesel so I can avoid some of the "potential" headaches I have heard about. I know there are failures that's really not a doubt. Whether or not its an obscene amount is another question. From what I have been able to research the EcoD has a slightly elevated failure rate when compared to other vehicles.