• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2016 ecodiesel sounds like it has the "hemi tick"

kevin.tait

Jan 30, 2022
Truck Year
It sounds exactly like the exhaust manifold leak on a hemi.... I have never loved and hated a vehicle so much in my life haha. The truck was literally going to get deleted in 2 days, now I think it is going to need a new motor. Any ideas which would cause the ticking noise, it increases frequency when speeding up also. Pretty sure this is the beginning of the famous spun bearing.

kevin.tait

Jan 30, 2022
Truck Year
any update? ticking could be multiple things.
Nothing yet. I have been told I am being paranoid from reading forums. My gut feeling is the HPFP. I have noticed a very minor flicker in RPM gauge lately also. Oil pressure is solid, minimal blow by, no coolant loss since I replaced all the factory hose clamps.

My only real fear is the main bearing, but I have zero metal shavings in oil from last change, filter had no metal.

I am going ahead with the trucks "weightloss surgery" before I run into more intake issues also.

jdh

Dec 6, 2023
Truck Year
My Ram Ecodiesel 2022 I just bought it 5 hours ago. It has a ticking noise when you accelerate. It stops when you let off. It's very annoying! Any ideas?