• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New to having an EcoDiesel

Bldragon41

Jul 30, 2023
Truck Year
I just recently purchased a 2017 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel. So far I’m loving the truck. But one of my biggest issues right now is that throttle doesn’t responses very quickly. I can be at a stop sign or a traffic light and I push the pedal and it takes forever for it start even moving. If I’m trying to get into traffic, it will coast and then it just takes off. This is getting very annoying. It doesn’t make me feel very safe if I can’t get going. I have even purchased a Pedal Commander and it hasn’t changed anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

luckieclark

May 27, 2023
Truck Year
The thing that helped my wife 2017 Ram was Schaeffers Cleaner for deposits of the diesel fuel and a S&B Air in take from Summit Performance Products.

Bldragon41

Jul 30, 2023
Truck Year
So I do need to get it tuned? What’s the best way for me to go about doing that? Would I have to send anything off?

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
So I do need to get it tuned? What’s the best way for me to go about doing that? Would I have to send anything off?

There are other tuners but GDE has a good reputation

luckieclark

May 27, 2023
Truck Year
Consider a Green Diesel Engineering tune if you are able.
The aftermarket intake does nothing BTW.
I beg to differ on that since my wife's 2018 Ram Eco Diesel runs so much better quicker response and better fuel mileage. I even like driving it more now. The air intake assembly is made by S&B.

Manxone

Jan 26, 2022
Truck Year

There are other tuners but GDE has a good reputation
Green Diesel Tune is amazing, the tune is done over the internet, no ECM removal. It’s a pricey tune but we’ll worth it.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
I beg to differ on that since my wife's 2018 Ram Eco Diesel runs so much better quicker response and better fuel mileage. I even like driving it more now. The air intake assembly is made by S&B.
Shadow is correct. You cannot improve an Eco with a larger air intake. The small Eco turbo can't do anything with more air. GDE long ago tested and proved this. Your wife's Eco improvements did not come from installing that S&B.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Thank you so much for the help! I greatly appreciate it!!
GDE is a great tune and EPA compliant, however, because it is compliant it does not shut off the EGR. Many, including me, still feel that shutting off the EGR is very important. If you want the EGR shut off look at an MRT tune via EOC. It also does not require sending in your ECU and loads with a handheld device