• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Optional starting

14 tradesman

Mar 8, 2024
Truck Year
Hoping someone can help. I have a 14 ecodiesel tradesman. It will start and run perfectly when it wants to and fast crank no start when it doesn’t. From the beginning it quit about 2 years ago we changed the transfer pump and it ran for about a year. I took it to jiffy lube they changed the transfer pump and it lasted about 3 months, took it back under warranty they changed it again. Didn’t work so I sent it to a dealership they said it was the intake. I went to pick it up paid $2400 and they were supposed to bring it around for me. Come to find out it wouldn’t start. They keep it and said they found a loose fuel line and it was losing prime now it’s fixed. Picked it up and first time I put a trailer behind it as soon as I turned it off it wouldn’t restart. They tow it in and insist the transfer pump is bad even though it’s had 4 in it. After a while I agree to change it and I pick it up and drive it a couple days. After a few days I pull a trailer and then after I turn it off it won’t start. The dealership mechanic doesn’t know what it is and I don’t have money to keep giving him so my son and I figured out a few things 1. When it won’t start you can’t hear the transfer pump and if you turn the key on and off until the pump comes on it will start and drive fine until next time
2.when it doesn’t come on you only hear a click from the transfer pump but a humming under the hood
3.it may start several times in a row but the first time you pull a trailer and put any sort of load on it it will not start after you turn it off and could be days before it will. This last time I got desperate and pulled my trailer to a job site it wouldn’t start for about a week, finally started drove it home and hasn’t started in about 4 days. My son saw a video that it could be fuel pressure sensor, any information is appreciated