• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EcoDiesel Service Electronic Throttle Control Message

karllenderman

Aug 9, 2018
Truck Year
Hello All,
I'm new (today) to this forum. I bought a 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel yesterday with 112,000 miles on it. 1-owner, very nice and clean. I did extensive research on the truck (CARFAX Report, service history, etc.) and found nothing negative. I bought it, drove it home, showed the family, neighbors, etc - all was good. This morning, I used the remote start to start the truck, and as I am walking towards it, it shuts off. I use the remote to unlock the truck, I got in, I started it from the seat, and I get a yellow check engine light and the message "Service Electronic Throttle Control". I called my local dealer and they said it would not hurt it to drive such a short distance to have them look at it, so I proceed to take off and had very little power/torque. I finally got to 50 MPH and I was doing 3,000 RPM. When I got to the dealer, they said they would look at it and get back to me. They are a great dealer- I have used them before. Anyway - as I told you before, I checked this thing out extensively before buying it. It has had 2 PCM updates in the past. I really like this truck, its my 2nd Ram, but I'm not looking to have or buy a truck with trouble. I have not heard from the dealer yet, I have read some threads on this and other forums about this problem, but most of the problems I'm reading about had a red lightning bolt light on, not the yellow check engine light like mine. Any advice/experience from the group would be greatly appreciated before the dealer calls me. Thanks!

Attachments

• Ram 1.jpg
    Ram 1.jpg
    339.9 KB · Views: 17

ZMan079

Aug 10, 2015
Truck Year
In both cases when mine has happened it was due to fuel delivery issues. In both cases i had injector issues. I have read where others had different issues with this error. HTH
ZMan079

universalexports

Sep 17, 2018
Truck Year
Was a dealership on Saturday - Bought a Ecodiesel. left the lot, dropped my daughter off at a birthday party and it went into limp mode and flashed the "Electronic Throttle Control issue".. I had the truck 1 hour and now I am in a courtesy car and have no truck. this blows my mind!!! I am paying for a new truck, haven't even owned it for 2 hours and its already in the shop. I guess buying a 70K truck gets you a used Grand Cherokee... this is my introduction to RAM. I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS - 1 HOUR!!!!

WTF!!!!.....

Tim Koeninger

Mar 21, 2018
Truck Year
Was a dealership on Saturday - Bought a Ecodiesel. left the lot, dropped my daughter off at a birthday party and it went into limp mode and flashed the "Electronic Throttle Control issue".. I had the truck 1 hour and now I am in a courtesy car and have no truck. this blows my mind!!! I am paying for a new truck, haven't even owned it for 2 hours and its already in the shop. I guess buying a 70K truck gets you a used Grand Cherokee... this is my introduction to RAM. I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS - 1 HOUR!!!!

WTF!!!!.....
This was me 1 hour after I bought mine, 2014 61k.
ac32966b40dae4035980d9e24d3116a8.jpg

Leaking EGR and melted intake. The place I bought it from got it all straightened out and delivered it to me (3 hour trip one way).

Rocky start, but I do love the truck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk