• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

“Full of soot.”

Midnight32

Nov 22, 2019
Truck Year
Full of soot.
A fire hazard.
Not to be driven.
This is what dealership told me that FCA told them about her.
I’m sure plenty of people on this forum have been down this road.
Contact FCA or the firm dealing with settlement?
I purchased it used. About 40k on it.

Last edited:

Paul6077

Dec 13, 2019
Truck Year
Mine was 100 % full. I had it flat bedded to the dealer. They did a manual regen. That fixed the problem.

Midnight32

Nov 22, 2019
Truck Year
Just talked to dealership.
FCA told dealer to give me a loaner vehicle.
FCA claims permanent fix for EGR cooler April 2020.
Still same deal, if truck is on the road check coolant levels weekly.
All good news to me.

Midnight32

Nov 22, 2019
Truck Year
Ha, no mention of that.
They were pretty vague as to their findings when they inspected the engine. Definitely need to educate myself on that one before I start firing off questions. Regarding coolant traveling where it’s not supposed to be.
Happy (for now) fca admitted they need to make loaners available.
QUOTE="carlhenry, post: 27274, member: 4475"]
did they also tell u antifreeze will ruin the motor or did they forget that part
[/QUOTE]
, no

CaptainMal

Oct 26, 2015
Truck Year
Nothing new here. The faulty EGR system, left unaltered or tuned out, trashes Ecodiesels. Now, with those leaky EGR plates all to be replaced, they catch on fire.

What do you like best?

Ronald Doupe

Mar 18, 2018
Truck Year
Just talked to dealership.
FCA told dealer to give me a loaner vehicle.
FCA claims permanent fix for EGR cooler April 2020.
Still same deal, if truck is on the road check coolant levels weekly.
All good news to me.
Your full of soot is not because of the EGR cooler, it is your type of usage, it sounds like you should own a gas truck

Midnight32

Nov 22, 2019
Truck Year
Your full of soot is not because of the EGR cooler, it is your type of usage, it sounds like you should own a gas truck

I’m assuming you’re referring to the truck being happier on highway rather than town driving?
Im the second owner, I guess I can blame the first guy then. My commute changes, but it’s usually 45-60 minutes of highway... I try to avoid town as much as can, too many tourists!

Bookmaker

Nov 23, 2019
Truck Year
Nothing new here. The faulty EGR system, left unaltered or tuned out, trashes Ecodiesels. Now, with those leaky EGR plates all to be replaced, they catch on fire.

What do you like best?

How is it a problem if it is tuned out and doesn’t open?

Will_CathVT

Jul 9, 2019
Truck Year
My 16 was full two days after purchasing it certified used. Dealer replaced two sensors and 2 regen cycles later it was fine. Good dealer, had a loaner during the week and half it took to fix. Since then...EGR cooler leaking, fixed within a day with a loaner available. Even fixed a couple of questionable fuel lines as well.

Pawtuckaway

Dec 22, 2019
Truck Year
This just happened to my 2014 after the recall which took them 2 weeks to do. I a loaner Jeep. The dealer is good but I don't think the truck will be the same after the recall. I had zero issues with the truck. 145,000 miles.