• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How Do I Tune and Delete

TCBon

Feb 27, 2024
Truck Year
Hello folks.
I’m new to this forum.
I just bought a 2016 Ram Ecodiesel, not realizing the issues that are inherent with the models and years.
Upon studying the engine and emissions design, I see that the engine is really a work of art that has been debilitated horribly by ridiculous emissions junk. I’m an Electrical, Instrumentation, and Mechanical Engineer. Started out as a mechanic, electrician, not just a desk jockey
The government’s solution was to destroy the engine to make people not want diesel engines. A travesty!

Enough of my ranting.

I have some questions:

1. What equipment do I need to re-program the computer

2. I’m wanting to do a full delete but leave all components in place. “Incognito Delete”
Has anyone else tried this and what worked best. Yes including removing DPF and CAT filter elements but leaving shells in place. Bypass EGR and EGR cooling but looks like factory.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
1. What equipment do I need to re-program the computer answer (Illegal option)

2. I’m wanting to do a full delete but leave all components in place. “Incognito Delete” answer (illegal option)

Has anyone else tried this and what worked best. Yes including removing DPF and CAT filter elements but leaving shells in place. Bypass EGR and EGR cooling but looks like factory.

For the legal option try Green Diesel Engineering