• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

150,000km 2018 bighorn blown motor

Thatgoopybastard

Jul 6, 2022
Truck Year
Hey.
I have a 2018 eco Bighorn, leather,heated goodies and such....with 150,000km
Motor blew up Thursday, right before the long weekend for camping.
I know im pretty much screwed, warranty was over at 120k and i dont think my insurance will cover a blown engine.
All maintenance was done.
All new fluids within 4 weeks.
Truck is pretty much mint.....besides the obvious.
My question for you guys and girls is.....
What is my best next step forward.
I still owe $15k on the truck.
Dealership said it would cost $25k to replace the motor. And would take several months due to stock not being available.
What should i do.
Thanks in advance

rodd

Mar 19, 2022
Truck Year
Hey.
I have a 2018 eco Bighorn, leather,heated goodies and such....with 150,000km
Motor blew up Thursday, right before the long weekend for camping.
I know im pretty much screwed, warranty was over at 120k and i dont think my insurance will cover a blown engine.
All maintenance was done.
All new fluids within 4 weeks.
Truck is pretty much mint.....besides the obvious.
My question for you guys and girls is.....
What is my best next step forward.
I still owe $15k on the truck.
Dealership said it would cost $25k to replace the motor. And would take several months due to stock not being available.
What should i do.
Thanks in advance
Last October 12, I had an appointment with my dealership to do recall work on my 2017 1500 ecodiesel. The saturday before my son went to take it and it started and died. I figured it was a fuel filter so I replaced it and started the truck and it started grinding. Had it towed to the dealer and they said it spun a bearing. It only had 113k miles. I had a 100k warranty. I told the service writer that I have had 5 diesels and they all have over 300k miles and are all still running great. I told him I wanted them to contact the Ram area representative and see what they can do. This took about a month and a half before they finally agreed to replace the engine under warranty. They asked for all my maintenance receipts. I did all the oil changes myself so I gave them all my walmart oil receipts and autozone filter receipts (I couldn't find all of them but I found 90% of them). They agreed to replace it under the extended warranty which had a $1500 deductible. I would push your dealer. Don't be rude. Be polite but firm. If they aren't willing to do it ask for the contact info for their area rep or call corporate. You will have to be patient. I got mine back the week of thanksgiving. The whole process took 2 1/2 months start to finish.

Thatgoopybastard

Jul 6, 2022
Truck Year
Sounds hopeful..... i dont have any recipes for oil changes, diff fluids, transmission and coolant.
All fluids were done as per service schedule or earlier.
But no proof..... im going to contact the dealer Monday to discuss. I will be calling customer care today as well.