• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2014 eco diesel Hi

Shadetree

Apr 3, 2019
Truck Year
Hi guys and girls: I bought a new 2014 Ecodiesel Ram and at present time it has 30,000 miles on the truck. The majority of the miles has Been on the open road, towing car maybe 200 miles. The truck is a cherry garage kept, only driven in the rain maybe four times. Loved the truck until I got an engine light about 43 miles from home, truck shut down three times, the forth time no go. I then called tow truck and he dropped it of at dealership. Dealerships called today and said the fuel pump and filter went bad. I changed filter at 15,000 miles, want to now if anyone else has had that problem. I have own many Trucks in my 72 years and never had one break down at 30,000 miles. I think the repair cost 900.00 or so. What is going to break next want to know should I buy an extended warranty or not what you people think. Thanks Shadetree

Shadetree

Apr 3, 2019
Truck Year
Hi guys and girls: I bought a new 2014 Ecodiesel Ram and at present time it has 30,000 miles on the truck. The majority of the miles has Been on the open road, towing car maybe 200 miles. The truck is a cherry garage kept, only driven in the rain maybe four times. Loved the truck until I got an engine light about 43 miles from home, truck shut down three times, the forth time no go. I then called tow truck and he dropped it of at dealership. Dealerships called today and said the fuel pump and filter went bad. I changed filter at 15,000 miles, want to now if anyone else has had that problem. I have own many Trucks in my 72 years and never had one break down at 30,000 miles. I think the repair cost 900.00 or so. What is going to break next want to know should I buy an extended warranty or not what you people think. Thanks Shadetree

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
low pressure or high pressure injector pump? I get the high pressure pump at 460 for parts, but jeez, the tank pump is only $150 bucks. I think you should have changed your filter more often since you run such low miles each year. Maybe change it every other year and add some fuel treatment when the truck is going to sit.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Welcome to the site. Brother I bought my 2014 with 20K miles on it in 2016, I now have 103K. I do all my oil and filter changes as well as fuel filter, I was initially concerned to have only one fuel filter as my past diesel experience always had two fuel filters. Well I changed fuel filter at FCA recommended intervals, every 4th oil change, until my last change. My filter came out of the canister looking like a pumpkin and rubbing the side of the canister. At home I try to buy fuel from one of three favorite stations with good turn over of fuel, but as you can guess I put on a lot of highway miles, so out of town I also try to assess if a location may have high fuel turn over, less likelihood of water or contaminants. I also use a quality fuel additive at each fueling. With the bad filter I consider a odd filter, as I use a quality filter, and I will change my interval to every two oil changes, some members here do every oil change, if I continue to see negatively affected fuel filter I will initiate that strategy as well as reassess my filter manufacturer.

Since your truck is garage kept it helps with condensation in the tank causing water contamination. However, if you store the vehicle with less than a full tank you can still be affected by condensation in the tank during storage. Another strategy I use is fill up at half a tank not at a quarter of a tank. Diesel has a much longer shelf life than gasoline so stale fuel is normally not an issue, however fuel can separate. Fuel station installed additives, wax, such as paraffin, etc. Now I am assuming the fuel pump the dealer changed was the lift pump in the tank, if your fuel filter is collapsed, swollen, clogged, it causes a lot of stress on the lift pump due to internal friction resulting in premature failure of lift pump. Good luck and enjoy your truck, I love mine.