• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2014 eco ...Service ETC message

BAMF

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
Cleaned EGR to try to get as much out of intake as I possibly could got ETC message might have knocked some of the dirt down into the intake , heading over to clean the map sensor now , do I need to worry about anything dropping down into the intake as far as crud and soot

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
not so long as you remove the EGR diffuser tube and MAP sensor to clean it - off of the truck. Don't answer any temptation that says you can clean your intake.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The only way to clean the intake is foaming and is only a band aid, I did this every 10K miles and still had to replace the intake at 41K miles.

I also stationary de-sooted the SCR and change the lube every time. (WITECH)

The 3.0 in factory OPS and DD use will cake the swirl valves and eventually effect the operation of the truck, the real danger is the intake vales getting cake up if that happens the vehicle will surge badly EGTs will climb to 1500F producing more need EGR to reduce the NOx.

Its like this , hose from rear to mouth, you won't last long ingesting your waste and neither will the 3.0.

BAMF

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
not so long as you remove the EGR diffuser tube and MAP sensor to clean it - off of the truck. Don't answer any temptation that says you can clean your intake.
The only way to clean the intake is foaming and is only a band aid, I did this every 10K miles and still had to replace the intake at 41K miles.

I also stationary de-sooted the SCR and change the lube every time. (WITECH)

The 3.0 in factory OPS and DD use will cake the swirl valves and eventually effect the operation of the truck, the real danger is the intake vales getting cake up if that happens the vehicle will surge badly EGTs will climb to 1500F producing more need EGR to reduce the NOx.

Its like this , hose from rear to mouth, you won't last long ingesting your waste and neither will the 3.0.
Thanks for the info 👍🏼

BAMF

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
Cleaned EGR to try to get as much out of intake as I possibly could got ETC message might have knocked some of the dirt down into the intake , heading over to clean the map sensor now , do I need to worry about anything dropping down into the intake as far as crud and soot
Thanks for the input