• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2014 EcoDiesel Low Oil Pressure Saga and Questions/Help

SupraSoldier

Jul 28, 2020
Truck Year
Hey all,

Unfortunately (and fortunately) I’ve come to this forum via web search for the same notorious issue with the 14 Ram1500 EcoDiesel.

Bought the truck with 72k miles on it very well maintained, currently have 113k now. Used it as a daily driver now for almost 1.5 years with no real issues.

Bought a travel trailer this past weekend to start towing around. It’s 7050 lbs, I’ve got the 2WD outdoorsman 3.55 Ram rated for 8100 lbs towing. Have the Reese hitch and stabilizer bars on there.

All in all it towed jusssstttt fine until....the low oil pressure light kept coming on when I’d slow down or come to a stop. Shut off vehicle all returned to normal for about 5-10 minutes. Even now without tow the issue continued.

I got an oil change and added Lucas stabilizer to it. Took it straight to dodge, they called me and confirmed the new ticking sound and oil pressure low indicator came on when the tech was test driving it. Said well likely you’re gonna need a new engine, we’re checking for metal shavings in the oil pan tomorrow morning. It’ll be $20k. Luckily I bought the extended power train warranty and fall under it until late next year. I told the service tech I am well aware this is a design flaw and there’s numerous reports that confirm my suspicions.

so my question now for you who’ve dealt with this issue, when you got a new engine did the issues go away?

should I get a lemon lawyer and work on a buyback? I won’t feel safe towing my TT and having the engine seize up on me with my wife in the car no way.

thanks all,

glad to be here,

Zach

SupraSoldier

Jul 28, 2020
Truck Year
As suspected, Dodge called said there’s metal shavings in the oil pan and likely (as they tear it down more) they suspect the bearings to be destroyed as well.

This issue seems all too common, after researching on this forum and others it was apparent this would happen.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
most likely it will happen 2 the new engine also there r a few owners on this forum that have been through 3 or more factory motors

SupraSoldier

Jul 28, 2020
Truck Year
most likely it will happen 2 the new engine also there r a few owners on this forum that have been through 3 or more factory motors

Seems like it yep..

Now I’m eyeballing f250s or ram 2500 Cummins diesels.

Not sure if I trust Dodge anymore and how theyve handled (not handled) this entire fiasco with so much info proving it’s a big big issue.