• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit EcoDiesel

mabeezer

Jul 18, 2023
Truck Year
So, I just wanted to comment on this forum because I have had so many problems with my ecodiesel. I have noticed that a lot of people have had trouble with filling their blue def, and then an error code popping up saying that your vehicle will not restart in 200 miles and see dealer. This happened to me today, it has happened twice actually, but today we were out of town and I stopped at a Jeep dealership, which basically told me that my best option would be to go talk to sales. Made me feel like I was basically screwed, that I was going to be stranded, and that it was potentially going to cost thousands of dollars to fix. They said that one of the parts I was going to need was on back order, with no ETA and had been on back order for six or seven months already. We had this code pop up once before, and even though they like to tell you to never fill your def more than 50%, I went ahead and added an entire another box of blue def. Figured, what difference does it make? It's worth a shot! And guess what?! It worked!! It worked for the second time! I drove around for probably about a half an hour, and then suddenly, just like magic the code disappeared and everything was fine. So don't let those Jeep a-holes bully you into thinking that you're going to have to pay an astronomical amount of money, or be forced to buy a new vehicle . I really hope this will help someone and that it will work if you have this problem. They had me feeling completely backed into a corner, on the verge of tears, a
like I had no other option. But they were totally full of it!! Luckily, my husband talked me down and I didn't let them look at it before trying that as a last ditch effort. They even had the audacity to tell me that one of the reasons they didn't have a loaner vehicle available was because someone with my exact make and model of vehicle had the same thing happen and they continued to drive it for a few more miles, ( I had 39 remaining), and it ended up basically ruining their engine. I am 100% certain they would have claimed my vehicle was destroyed if I had let them look at it. I really really hope that this will help someone out there! As much as I love Jeeps, and we have owned several of them and currently own two, I am not at all impressed!! Good luck to all of you!

Manyespinosa

Aug 21, 2022
Truck Year
It's good that the problem was solved and I will tell you that many jeep dealers do not have the staff or the exact information on the problem of their VEHICLES. I have a 2014 Grand Cheroke Limited Ecodiesel and I try to find out in this very important forum and I am happy With my jeep I already have 150 thousand miles and doing your SYNTHETIC engine oil change every 6 thousand to 8 thousand miles I will also change the transmission oil putting the original crankcase and original oil greetings from Los Angeles California

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
They even had the audacity to tell me that one of the reasons they didn't have a loaner vehicle available was because someone with my exact make and model of vehicle had the same thing happen and they continued to drive it for a few more miles, ( I had 39 remaining), and it ended up basically ruining their engine.
Welcome to the forum and glad the problem resolved itself.
There's no way that driving with DEF alerts or messages could ruin or damage an engine, what a terrible comment.

If the ECM again gives you the "Engine Will Not Restart" message and it does stop, here's the way to get it started again:

Pull out the starter relay (in the fuse box), and put the key in the RUN position.
Take a short piece of wire and jump between where pins 30 (3) and 87 (5) on the relay would go.
The engine will start right back up.

Fuse Box Diagram-Starter Relay.jpg

Last edited: