• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2015 eco diesel

ryanm

May 1, 2022
Truck Year
hello guys im new here im having some issues with an eco diesel i dont have alot of experience with the eco diesel so im struggling alittle. i have a customer that bought a 2015 ram 1500 and his truck got towed in, it would crank no start so i checked crank signal and had it good crank signal so i checked lift pump pressure and it had 60psi so on a scan tool watching high pressure it would only make 90 psi and it was commanding 314 while cranking, i pulled the actuator off the pump and found a bunch of metal shavings so i replaced the injection pump and removed the injectors and flushed the fuel lines, removed the regulator on the fuel rail and cleaned all the injectors the best i could. after i put it all back together it still wouldnt start but now it will make alittle over 200 psi while cranking. so my question is how does the fuel return from the rail is it possible there is metal stuck in one of the injectors causeing the return rate to be really high or am i over looking something? im starting to see these trucks alot more so im trying to learn as much as i possibly can any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Your entire approach is incorrect......How did you check the feed Pressure? 314PSI is incorrect, it takes a minimum 2200PSI to operate and 1800PSI to start the style of injector VM uses in 3.0 Rams.

ryanm

May 1, 2022
Truck Year
so im missing something then, all i did was watch desired and actual fuel rail pressure on my scan tool and thats what i came up with, i figured that wasnt right i have been working on diesels for years but like i said im not real familiar with the eco diesel but i thought desired being 314psi was kinda low so i guess i need to install a mechanical guage and see what it says

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
You are completely going about this wrong...Thier is no lift pressure sensor in any Ram 1500...you do have RP sensor...desired will be around 3300psi during cranking.....and when running 4000psi +-200psi..

ryanm

May 1, 2022
Truck Year
im not talking about lift pressure i put my fuel pressure gauge inline for lift pressure and i had 60 psi. what would you suggest i look for first if im not in the right direction?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
You will need to call me on this.....I don't share the procedures online anymore , Some of the Mods at 1500diesel.XXX just paste and copy the info.