• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2015 ECODIESEL All About it!

ECODIESEL12

Aug 14, 2019
Truck Year
How's it going everyone. I own the 2015 model. Upon purchasing, I had a lot of questions as well as concerns. I had heard the good, bad, and ugly about this truck but still decided to make the purchase. Call me crazy but I love the truck. AND I have had my fair share of issues already. No less that 2 weeks after purchasing I had to bring it in for service because I was throwing multiple codes. EGR failures, intake codes etc etc. Thank God I opted for a 6 year Platinum bumper to bumper extended warranty because it was around $5,000 worth of work. I probably would not love the truck as much if I had to pay for that repair (HAHAHAHAHA)! My whole intake manifold and assembly had to be replaced (Carbon and Soot Buildup) as well as my EGR Cooler and all the piping in between. This was insane to me as I had bought the truck with only 40,000 miles on it!!!
My point in this post is yes..... these trucks tend to have their fair share of issues. Sometimes even more than that! But there are things we can do to bypass the majority of these issues. As I move forward in what im going to say..... yes I live in a state that does emissions testing.
If you want your EcoDiesel to be reliable and are concerned with longevity, consider the following:

Green Diesel Engineering "Hot Tune" (There are also others like PPEI)
CFT Performance Catch Can
CFT Performance EGR Solution Kit
CFT Performance Oil Cooler Plate
CFT Performance CCV Atmosphere Dump Kit
CFT Performance Link http://cftperformance.com/ram-1500-hemi-and-eco-diesel-2014-2018/

Personally I have decided not to do a full delete as it would be very hard to pass emissions in my state. I Have however decided to install the above products which allows the EcoD to run WORLDS Healthier and more reliable.... 0 Problems!
I have Completely deleted the EGR and now have no more soot and carbon buildup in my oil or engine/intake. I still have the DPF in my exhaust but my truck needs to regen FAR LESS and I make sure to do my best to ensure the DPF is cleaned.
I conduct regular services... Oil, Filters, etc.. and make sure to use a diesel additive to clean and add lubricity at each fill up.
My coolant leak is fixed and everything is amazing now!!! Yes I know we all wish the truck could be like this from the get-go in its stock form, but thanks to emissions and certain political groups I will not mention, our trucks are forced to choke themselves to death.... Quite literally -_-.
It is the beginning of a long journey of ownership for me, but we have many people out there who have found solutions for our truck set-backs and failure points. CFT Performance and many others are worth a look, you will not be disappointed!

Please feel free to ask me anything.
No I do not work for, nor am I sponsored by CFT Performance or any company. I just have done LOADS of work and research as well as personally having Major mechanical knowledge, and knowing good parts/service when I see/use it.
Thanks For the Read!

ECODIESEL12

Aug 14, 2019
Truck Year
Why does this post look so familiar? 😀 Deja Vu all over again.
Yeah I posted it 2x's lol!! I honestly feel so bad for many people here on the forum who have had bad experiences with the truck. I am a diesel mechanic in the military and wanted to get the post out here hoping people would ask questions.