• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2015 Ecodiesel Cruise Control

Mykl62

Jan 9, 2020
Truck Year
Hey All! New to the group and having an issue with my cruise control. It all started after I had the AEM update done on my 2015 Ram. My best description of the problem is that it works rarely now and prior to the update not one problem. Dealer is telling me that the update has nothing to do with the cruise control and that they are not related. I said to them doesn't it run through the ECM/TCM. Their answer was no. I was a gas/diesel mechanic/technician for 32 years and kept myself schooled on everything and once computer controls hit the market I made sure i attended 1, 2, 3 sometimes 4 classes a year as they progressed until I retired for that in 2007. For 15 (?) prior to retirement i did a lot of wiring repair work. That being said I know for a fact that CC runs through the ECM/TCM. Anyone else having this issue?

Kpompey

Aug 24, 2019
Truck Year
Dealship told me it will cost $595 to replace my cruise control switch. I told them no. I get it to work my pressing the button hard. It comes on all the time with a more pressure on the switch. I use mine everyday since I drive 55 miles one way to work all Highway. Hope it works for you

Ecopete

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
For me I dont have AEM update and it often wont turn on with just hitting the ON button, but if I then press SET and then the ON it activates! I sure dont know why but it works for me

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I am no aem update and I have almost had to shove the button through the wheel and hold it for it to kick on. Since the tuner I have not had an issue. I believe it’s software related but fca wouldnt bother to deny it

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Mine just quits out of the blue, while engaged it just quits and will not turn back on. Or will not turn on at all until I stop and restart. No amount of pressure, sequence. Replaced the touch pad and all was good for awhile then back to intermittent function. My next stop will be the steering column module, we used to call it the clock spring. My issue has carried thru the stock tune, the AEM, and my GDE tune so that leaves the TCM or steering module.