• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2016 eco diesel intake manifold

Greenrider75

Oct 29, 2021
Truck Year
I have a 2016 with 134,000 miles. I just had my intake manifold replaced because of a cold start code popping up. When they took off the manifold , they found a fuel line under it ? that was cracked and shooting fuel on to the manifold gasket and into the manifold. 3 MONTHS I waited for the fuel line. I was able to look at the manifold and at least 4 of the flappers were missing or partially disintegrated.

Attachments

• 31CB265A-C4F9-46B6-BF05-55F491E417E8.jpeg
    31CB265A-C4F9-46B6-BF05-55F491E417E8.jpeg
    429.4 KB · Views: 14

67_Valiant

Feb 9, 2020
Truck Year
I have a 2016 with 134,000 miles. I just had my intake manifold replaced because of a cold start code popping up. When they took off the manifold , they found a fuel line under it ? that was cracked and shooting fuel on to the manifold gasket and into the manifold. 3 MONTHS I waited for the fuel line. I was able to look at the manifold and at least 4 of the flappers were missing or partially disintegrated.
Just a couple comments. If you've never had the intake off in 134k, that actually doesn't look as bad as most I've seen with less miles on them. The swirl valves alternate every other intake runner, so you aren't missing any.

To my knowledge, the only thing under the intake are coolant lines (one of which commonly cracks). This might be what they are talking about (?).

Anyway, unless you want a very messy cleanup job, I would just replace the intake and while you are at it replace the turbo coolant line (the only one with a rubber section under the manifold).

Michael Reynolds

Dec 12, 2018
Truck Year
I just had my intake replaced at 96k that was full of soot and tar, took 7 weeks because they couldn't get a replacement set of fuel lines rhat are apparently not reusable.

67_Valiant

Feb 9, 2020
Truck Year
I just had my intake replaced at 96k that was full of soot and tar, took 7 weeks because they couldn't get a replacement set of fuel lines rhat are apparently not reusable.

You are supposed to replace the fuel lines anytime they are removed due to the possibility of disturbing the coating inside (which could damage the HP pump/injectors, etc.). My personal experience with having rebuilt 3 engines is that I've reused the old ones and never had an issue. If you take it to the dealer, they will insist on it because it's protocol and a liability if they don't.