• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2016 ram 1500 crank but no start

dgentile

Feb 11, 2023
Truck Year
so ive been fighting with this truck for 3 months, originally came in to the shop for not running. found out the truck was never regened and the intake and swirl valves were so clogged you couldn't see threw them. replaced that and went ahead and did a egr delete as well with a tune from motor ops. truck ran great, customer came and got it and drove it for two days before it shut off and wouldn't start back. motor turns over free as can be but its not getting fuel to the rail. live data is showing that the fuel pressure sensor is 31980psi there for the ecm wont send it any fuel, ohmed the wires from the sensor to pcm connector all ohmed good, figured it had to be the pcm. sent it off guy supposedly fixed the pcm, installed it Friday, still shows maxxed out pressure and no start. the truck has had absolutely no DTC'S in it since it returned from dying. as far as i can tell by the wiring diagrams the fuel pressure sensor is its own circuit as far as the 5v reference goes (it does not have a 5v reference by the way) and as i said all 3 wires from the pig tail to pcm connector ohm good. the guy that we sent the computer from said that other sensors run off the same driver internally of the pcm, does anyone know what sensors could be running off that same 5v reference that could be shorting it out?

note to add all of the egr stuff is unplugged

SeanPwnery

Nov 30, 2022
Truck Year
Can't wait to hear how this one turns out - mine's in the driveway with a similar issue after dropping 5,400 on both pumps, the fuel filter housing/heater/filter, the TIPM, and battery. It'll crank all day long til I key it off, but no pop-off. Did I mention I just made the 4th payment on this paperweight? >_<

Michael Reynolds

Dec 12, 2018
Truck Year
The crank trigger and sensor are behind the flywheel on the back of the block. You can see the signal on a scanner that simulates an oscilloscope showing sensor function.

Michael Reynolds

Dec 12, 2018
Truck Year
It sucks. I currently have a ticking time bomb with my 2015 and the high failure CP4 fuel pump just waiting to grenade and total the truck. Open recall on it with no plan or repair in sight from Dodge/Ram/Stelantis.